.

"Reimu!" Your voice rang, calling out for your best friend. Despite being out of breath you still attempted to talk, only for it to end up with a lot of gasps for air and voice cracks. You cringed but to her, no matter what, your voice was perfect.

She pulled out a water bottle from her bag and held it out for you, which you gladly accepted with a smile. The world bloomed.

You hand the water bottle back, "Thank you. Sorry, how long have you been waiting for?". "Not long." She smiled. You fix you bag, "Come on! Before we're late!". She snapped out of her thoughts and ran to your side, both of you walking side by side to the school you both attend.

Both of you separate ways, you going to your classes and her going to her classes. Eventually lunch came in a blink of an eye. You speed through the halls in excitement to be reunited with your friend. In a childish manner you decide to creep up and scare her... but something felt off. You slowly sit down next to her.

"What's with this depressing aura? Did something happen?" You asked, worried. Reimu looks up to you and leans onto your shoulder. "Stupid teacher gave us a surprise quiz." You hummed, not getting the point.

"I didn't do well..."

You sighed as you rested your head on hers, "Listen, you don't have to do well. Your life doesn't depend on your school grades, plus, it's a quiz I doubt it will affect your grades." Your hand pat her on the shoulder.

You felt her take a deep breath in and out. "Thanks a lot, really." You pulled her into a full embrace, "I gotchu."

!!

What? What happened? At one moment you were embracing, comforting your friend but... why is she bleeding? Your brain unable to process anything in your surroundings. Muffled gunshots, screams, and things falling as people ran.

"Y/n..."

Reimu. You force a smile and look down at her, "Everything will be okay. Stay strong, yeah?". She shook her head. Why? Surely people can live through getting shot. She wasn't even shot in a fatal area.

Time is going too fast. What is happening? Where am I?... I don't understand. Why?

You limp down the street, on your way home without a single thought. The streetlights flickering as you pass by. You reach out for the door handle but pause, processing the area around you. This isn't your home. It's her home. Your hand started shaking, your brain filled with the decision of turning around and actually heading home but you opened the door.

A step in. Why can't I turn back? The floor creaks as you walk. You head into a room, her room, looking around. Polaroid frames of you both hung on the walls, the room was very well decorated.

Something catches your eye, a book on her desk. You slowly walk over and held up the book.

For You

You open the book and read the contents. Your eyes widen as you read. This is her diary, and everything written were every memory you both shared.

A tear falls down your cheek as you examined the diary. And you reached the end.

Hey if you're reading this... What did I tell you about shoving your nose into other's privacy, hm? I'm kidding, this is for you.

A letter.

To my beloved, I would like you to hear out everything I wish to convey, in a little letter like this. No matter the time, words your voice brings me peace. Just interacting with you makes my world shine. You saved me, You supported me. I want you even through everything. Through hard times, surely, if you're with me I can push through. You give me strength. I'm sure this has reached you, right? These are all my honest feelings. Thank you for everything. I love you, Y/n. Stay with me?

Of course I'll stay with you, I love you too. But you're dead.