9 - Drunken Words

Start from the beginning

She simply shook her head and looked down for a brief moment.

"You really do think that low of me" she whispered to herself, almost as if she were coming to terms with what he'd said, sure she knew he hated her, but she didn't think he thought her that bad, "no actually, I told them that you were clearly out your face drunk and staggering up to one of the tallest towers in Hogwarts" she finally began to answer his question, "I told them I was coming to ensure you didn't do anything stupid on my account" her words now surprised him, his drunken mind telling him that she knew he thought about her.

That she knew he'd gotten this wasted because of her.

He simply couldn't have that, so he'd deny deny deny, he of course hadn't heard her first whisper and didn't take that into account.

"You think I did this because of you?" He slurred stepping back and away from her.

Away from the window thankfully.

"George I don't know what you're talking about"

She followed him back inward to the centre of the room, if you could call it that.

George leaned back against a wall at the opposite side to the window, Autumn watching as his eyes trailed every inch of her, unsure why. He hated her so and yet here he stood, checking her out?

"That's my colour" he spoke before his eyes found hers again.

"I know" she confirmed with a smirk.

"You know, Autumn used to be my favourite season, until I met you" he let out a chuckle at his admission hoping it would hurt her, although she only seemed to be amused.

His eyes rolled at her smile from his very own words.

"I'm honoured to have had such an effect on you Mr Weasley" she hummed, stepping around to prop herself down on some stone looking seat.

He watched as the top of her thighs became more noticeable due to her dress sliding up ever so slightly as she sat. He knew what he hated about her most, how something so beautiful could be so ugly inside.

She shrugged her hair back over her shoulders before looking back up at him.

That was the shoulder he'd witnessed Draco Malfoy kiss once earlier on in the night. She had said something to him and in return he planted a soft brief kiss on her shoulder, of course, George hadn't known the reasoning behind it but that didn't matter.

She had looked away and around the room again as the thoughts swirled around his head.

Although her attention pretty quickly came back to him as he stalked toward her, pulling her up by the arm, not enough pressure to hurt but enough to get her to her feet.

"Did you fuck him?" The words came out spiteful and dark, and also only because he was drunk, it was something he knew he'd never have said had he been sober, so really now it was his only chance, he watched as she looked at him, utterly taken aback and confused, "Malfoy, did you fuck Malfoy".

That had surprised her.

In fact, it almost rendered her speechless, it had for a brief moment while she stared up at him.

His hand finding the back of her neck and holding tightly keeping her eyes on his, waiting for a response.

She let out a scoff, "I fail to see how that's any of your damn business Weasley".

Now he used the same hand on the back of her neck to pull her closer, so close her chest made contact with the top of his torso, she continued staring up at him, almost happy to see this side of him.

"It's a simple question, have you?" She gave a simple nod and answered his question, no matter how drunk he'd been he could tell she seemed genuine, "good".

"I haven't" she confirmed again, "but I could" a smirk replacing the parted lips she previously had.

A fire found itself alight in George Weasley's eyes.

"Don't you fucking dare" his words seemed to be that of a threat, her head tilted at the excitement of seeing this side of him.

"I can fuck whoever I want Weasley" she felt awful unladylike speaking the way she had.

Although she simply wanted to see more of this George. He leaned down so there faces sat inches apart. His hand squeezing a little more on the back of her neck.

"And who exactly would that be?" He dared to ask.

Before she could answer the awkward clearing of someone's throat made the park look to the side near the entrance to this room.

There stood Fred Weasley looking down at his feet.

George let go of her neck and stepped back from the girl, almost embarrassed, something that Autumn most definitely noticed.

Fred looked up just in time to see her looking at his twin with what seemed to be hurt in her eyes.

Hurt that he was embarrassed to even be near her even if they were never a thing, it hurt that she could be that bad of a person he'd be embarrassed.

"I uh" Fred again cleared his throat, "you two had been up here alone for a while and so I wanted to make sure you were both still alive and well" he gave her an awkward smile.

She shook her head and walked toward the exit, stopping to look up at Fred, "might want to sort your brother out, clearly he's had too much" she took a quick glance back at George before exiting the entire party.

George hadn't thought much of the night before when he woke up the following morning, all he could think about was the pounding in his head until Lee had gave him the cure.

He had noticed the odd looks his twin had been giving him throughout the morning but only suspected he'd done something stupid.

Not imagining it could be anything to do with Autumn Carrow.

Lee and Oliver had headed to Diagon Alley shortly after George had woken up, to stock up on midnight snacks that had started running low, majority of them being scoffed the night prior when all the boys came back rather drunk.

Especially George.

In the 10 minutes since the two left he'd noticed Fred's stares even more than before.

"Spit it out then" he stood stretching without making any eye contact with his brother, knowing Fred was staring his way still while ramming crisps in his gullet.

The crunching coming from that side of the room indicated the crisps being his snack of choice.

"I don't know what you mean Georgie"

George pulled the white top he wore over his head, tossing it aside into a laundry basket in the corner of the room and walking over to have a look in his case, finding something to wear for the day.

"The staring, I've obviously done something yesterday so out with it" again he hadn't looked his way, only pulled out a red T-shirt laying it on his bed.

"You were very close with Carrow" Fred now had his twins attention, "emphasis on you, not her" he was referring to the hand George had on her, pulling her towards him, "you had her held pretty tight brother" Fred stood up from his bed giving George a bump on the shoulder, "and that's not even the most bizarre part" he laughed walking towards his own case of clothing.

"What's the most bizarre part?" George now sounded genuinely concerned.

This made Fred smile due to his previous nonchalant attitude.

Fred turned to look at his brother with a very present smirk on his lips, "you looked like you enjoyed it, until I appeared that was" he shrugged, "then you practically pushed her off you and she stormed out" he this time placed a hand on his brothers shoulder, "didn't seem too impressed by how quickly you discarded her, not that I blame her"

"She left?"

Fred gave a nod, "and guess who followed?"

"Fucking Malfoy" Fred shook his head with a smile on his face, he knew his twin too well.