When Jimin Got Sick || 08

Comincia dall'inizio

many people who saw jimin and taehyung together often thought their mild age gap of barely three months might be in years, because of the difference in their personalities and behaviour. even the elder boys like jin and yoongi, themselves believed that jimin and taehyung had a mental age gap between them, which taehyung pretended to find offensive. jimin would laugh at him and their bickering never got to an end.

jimin's life did have some fun and light elements when he looked up to find his boys smiling at him and of course his sister always ready for hugs and kisses. however, despite everything, things had been pretty hectic in the past few days— not only for him but yoongi, jin and namjoon too. they all were working hard for the company, hoseok ran his studio with all his heart and passion, taehyung has established himself as one of the best gamers out there, and also got a cast on his arms for the next two months, jungkook and aera are still young to be working, but okay— and when jimin saw everyone around him pushing themselves out if their comfort zones, he felt like he wasn't doing enough and ought to improve for the better rather than holding them back.

in the last two weeks jimin had been working constantly with no off days, minimal sleep, and surviving on coffee in the name of energy suppliment. even when aera whined to make him stay at home on sunday, he couldn't help but give her a sad smile, apologizing to the little girl and going to the office with a heavy heart. especially since he recieved the call from his dad, saying that they're coming home and jimin should get done with most work during these days so can he spend time with the family later.

that became the reason jimin couldn't afford to take an off even though his head keeps pounding like being hit by the bullets of aera's nerf gun continuosly. the sweat forms on his chest and back too, he can feel it, but blames it on the heat in the otherwise chilled room, refusing to believe that he might be falling ill all because jimin knew getting sick at this time would mess things up.

jungkook just finished his high school and needs advice about getting into college and persuing his career, aera's still young to take care of herself, not to mention her tests are starting soon, the company is about to face a crisis if they get too late in finding the right person to take up the responsibility of one of the most important units in the right wing, jaehyun and eunmi will arrive tomorrow, and jimin hasn't even managed to wrap up the meetings, moreover took more of the responsibility.

there is certainly no way on earth jeon jimin can fall sick right now.

that's just not allowed. because if jimin is not available, who will take care of all the above mentioned things? jungkook? aera? no way.

"jimin are you okay?" namjoon asks in a low voice, placing his hand on jimin's shoulder, frowning lightly as jimin seems to be sweating and hyperventilating, breathing a bit deeper and heavier than what normally people do sitting in an air conditioned room. jimin nods subtly, massaging his forehead subtly with his fingers and takes a sip of the water in the glass in front of him, trying his best to focus on whatever the president and general secretary were saying in their presentation.

as more minutes pass jimin finds it hard to stay put in his place. he loosens the tie around his neck, shaking his head a little and blinking his eyes to clear up his blurry vision spinning the whole conference hall. the two men in the front wrap up with their thing, getting nods of approval from ones seated. jin shares his views about something which jimin fails to understand, but for the sake of his professionalism and respect for the employees, he forces himself to stay up right, nodding at mixed words that entered his ears.

the men stand up, glancing at jimin as he's supposed to walk out first like he usually does while the rest bow to him. jimin forces a smile, standing up, almost falling back on his seat, but gains his balance with his shaky hands hands planted on the table top. his knuckles turn white as he clutches onto nothing, repeating in his head that he's fine and there's a lot of more work for him to get done, being dizzy isn't going to help.