«Are you okay, your highness?»

«Yes.»

«May I continue a little further up, to make sure I've checked them all?»

«Go ahead,» she nodded, her voice barely audible. It didn't seem like it was the intimacy in him getting close to her chest that bothered her. It was touching in general. After a minute or two, his fingers went back to her pained area.

«Okay, so I think I feel three ribs bruised here. I believe you're right, that they are not broken.»

He removed his hands.

«You should keep your left arm close to your body and not move it around too much, that should keep the pain at a minimum. I'll leave a powder for your servant so that you'll be able to sleep tonight.»

«Thank you, doctor,» she said and accepted his hand to get back up sitting on the bed.

«Is there anything else I could help with? You're not hiding injuries because you don't want anyone looking at you, I hope?»

«Yunho would kill me,» she said, looking over at the young man by the door.

«That's right,» her servant scoffed.

«Ah, good, because I only want to help, and there isn't a thing I haven't seen.»

«Thank you, doctor, that's what every doctor says.»

«I know,» he said apologetically.

«There's only this lovely black eye, and I know there isn't much to do about that.»

«I'm sorry, there really isn't.»

«It's okay. Makeup will help me hide it for the king's party.»

«You really should rest, your highness.»

«I believe the party is in my honor, I cannot skip it, doctor.»

«I hear that I can't talk you out of it, so I won't try. I'll come back in a week to check on you, but if you need me before that, please don't hesitate to call me back.»

«Thank you.»

«Promise you'll let me know if you need my help?»

«Yes, doctor,» she smiled, a small, nervous smile that still seemed genuine.

«You can take the powder twice a day, so I guess you should take the first dose before the party. But please, don't overdo it, your highness.»

«Thank you for your concern, doctor,» she said. He bowed again and went towards the door. «Wait, we have to pay you, of course.»

«The king takes care of that, your highness, don't worry. I'll see you in a week, or earlier if you need me.»

«Thank you, again.»

Getting the fabulous dress on for the party was a painful and lengthy task. Yunho heard her groan when he pulled on every string holding things together. Even after drinking Hongjoong's powder mixed with water, she was still in a lot of pain. When they finally were done, they were both relieved. Though Ivy already looked forward to getting out of it again. But she would suck it up and be a good princess for several more hours. She tried to rest while Yunho did her hair, closing her eyes. Then she did her own makeup. She almost always did, she had gotten quite good at it, and even now, hiding a black eye that was swelling by the minute it would seem, it ended up okay. Yunho had made sure her hair partially covered her forehead, down towards that eye, so that she could hide it a little. It ended up rather well. Or at least, Yunho tried to tell her so.

Prince Hyunjin came to pick her up when it was time to go to the party, as they had agreed on earlier.

«Oh, wow, your highness, you look beautiful,» he said. It kind of fell out of his mouth, so she couldn't help but chuckle.

«Thank you, prince Hyunjin, that is very sweet of you. You look very nice yourself.»

«How do you feel?»

«Better,» she lied.

«Really?»

«No.»

«I thought so,» he said, looking like he wanted to shield her from whatever was to come. «You really should rest instead of going to a stupid party.»

«It's not stupid, the king has been very kind, so of course, I'm going.»

«Are you sure?»

«Yes, completely,» she said with a stern voice. She was going. No matter what.