𝟢𝟢𝟨. 𝗍𝗁𝖾 𝖻𝗅𝗎𝖾 𝗌𝗉𝗈𝗍

𝐒𝐎𝐅𝐓𝐂𝐎𝐑𝐄 ━━━━ 𝖢𝖧𝖠𝖯𝖳𝖤𝖱 𝖲𝖨𝖷

𝐓𝐀𝐏𝐄 𝐓𝐖𝐎 | 𝖲𝖨𝖣𝖤 𝖠𝗍𝗁𝖾 𝖻𝗅𝗎𝖾 𝗌𝗉𝗈𝗍 !

𝐓𝐀𝐏𝐄 𝐓𝐖𝐎 | 𝖲𝖨𝖣𝖤 𝖠
𝗍𝗁𝖾 𝖻𝗅𝗎𝖾 𝗌𝗉𝗈𝗍 !

"IT'LL BE FUN," Maddie told Justin as they walked out of the store together. Maddie had taken Sheri's advise and convinced Justin to join her in the costume contest, so after he was done having his miniature breakdown, she took them to the store. "I promise."

"So this contest is tomorrow?" Justin asked his girlfriend, as he pushed the cart toward her car.

Maddie nodded, "Yeah, but you actually have to be there to participate."

"I will."

Maddie turned toward him with an unamused look. He put his hands up in defense, "I promise."

"Yeah, you promised before," she mumbled as she popped her trunk.

"There's just been a lot of shit going on at home, okay?" Justin told her as he started passing her bags. "Seth is back, so it's just... easier for me to stay at Bryce's, that's all."

Maddie nodded as she took that bag, "Okay, but I also miss having a boyfriend-" before Maddie could finish her sentence, Justin had a mask on his face with his tongue sticking out. "Am I supposed to be scared?"

Justin shrugged as he turned back toward the cart. "Should I be, Justin?" Maddie asked. "Scared?"

Justin shook his head as he placed the mask on top of his head, put the last bag in the car, and slammed the trunk shut. "Never. There's nothing to be scared of."

Maddie hummed as the boy pulled her into a hug, before leaning in and kissing her.

"Justin!" At that familiar voice, Justin was quick to pull away from the girl. Maddie wrapped her arm around his waist as she followed his gaze.

"Uh, hey, Coach," Justin rushed as he threw the mask off and unwrapped himself from Maddie.

Maddie stepped away, making her way to the cart, as Justin spoke to his coach. Maddie put it away before returning. "Yeah, I'm really sorry about that. I've just- I've just had this stomach virus."

Maddie nodded as she wrapped an arm around Justin again, "Yeah, we just got his medicine."

"Mm-hm. Is everything alright at home?"

Justin nodded, "Yes, sir, I've just been sick. I'll be there tomorrow. I won't let you down."

"I'm not worried about you letting me down, son," his coach told him. "Colleges look at things like school attendance, game attendance, your grades."

"Yes, sir."

"Okay, now take that medicine. And, son... get yourself some eye drops while you're at it."