Chapter 3: Brickleback

Start from the beginning

...

The head of the Brickleback began to surface, and its piercing red eyes glared at the ship.

...

"Nearly there, Captain." Sarah said.

"Aye, Sarah."

...

The Brickleback started shining on the Inevitable, more of its body breaking the surface of the water.

...

"Now, to port, Ms. Merino. And cross the T!" Crow demanded.

"You heard him ya lubbers. Haul your mizzen! Main and fore!" Ms. Merino yelled to the crew.

"Make it scream piper!" Crow bellowed.

A short, chubby man held up his bagpipes and began playing a tune to match the atmosphere of their situation.

The Inevitable turned to the left, so it was now perpendicular with the Brickleback, who was still charging towards the ship.

"Fire!" Crow shouted.

The crew fired their cannons at the Brickleback, most of them bouncing off the water near it, and the cannonballs that did it the beast, did do much damage against its hard outer shell.

"It doesn't seem to be discouraged, Captain. In fact, it seems even more angry." (Y/n) noticed.

"Not to worry, lass. Clew up aloft, Ms. Merino." Crow ordered.

"Haul away your main and mizzen. Topsail, clew lines!" Ms. Merino repeated.

On a higher level of the ship, several archers stood, with their bows in hand, and arrows drawn back.

"Loose!" Crow said.

The archers released their arrows, and several landed on the Brickleback. The beast grunted and began to sink underneath the waters.

"It's diving!" Jacob said, unhooking himself, and climbing back over the railing, onto the deck.

He grabbed a ball looking thing, surrounded with rope, and tied it to his spear. Jacob then climbed up the net ladder and jumped into a giant, spear looking beam, that bent down towards the water. Once Jacob was close enough, he threw his spear and lodged it into the Brickleback, before it dove, with the ball floating above the water. This was so the crew would be able to see where the Brickleback was even though it was underwater.

Once Jacob threw his spear, the beam he was hanging onto raised back up, flinging Jacob off, and onto the deck.

The Brickleback's back scrapes against the bottom of the Inevitable, causing the ship to tilt to the side.

Everybody was thrown off balance, and Jacob backed up into (Y/n) who grabbed his hand steadied him.

"Are you alright?" She asked.

Jacob nodded.

Up above, on one of the platforms in the masts, a younger boy carrying a basket of arrows stumbled back into the railing, and accidentally dropped them off the side.