part 12: Over a nice glass of wine

A couple of minutes later dr. Nolan and Paige came back. Bucky hadn't mooved an inch. And that's what terrified her.

"Miss Paige I'm going to need you to exit the room please." Dr Nolan stated and motioned her to the door. Paige did't feel comfortable leaving Bucky alone at all but she didn't want to make a scene.

She waited, anxiously pacing in the waiting room. She felt restless. What if he wouldn't recover from that one? What if it was the final blow. Everyone always talked about how much he'd been through but no one ever listed any of these things. They talked about his fragile mental state all the time but nobody ever made an effort to explain further.

Five minutes passed, then ten and ten became fifteen. Then Paige saw dr. Nolan appear to the hallway and started walking to his direction. 

"Doctor is he ok?" She asked nervously.

"Yes miss Stark he will be alright. He just has an average injury on the base of his skull, nothing too worrying. Thankfully the bleeding wasn't eternal. Though if he hadn't told you when he did the damage whould have been greater," dr. Nolan stated.

"When can I see him again?" Paige called out to the doctor who was already leaving.

"In about an hour you should be able to speak to him." he shouted and turned around the corner with a nurse following him closely. 

A faint smile appeared on her face and she quikly realised it. Did she really have feelings for him? 

She decited to go out and walk for a little. Meanwile Bucky was starting to regain his senses. He could see a blurry figure moving around the room. "Paige?" he thought and tried to speak but his mouth ,as the reast of his body, was numb so the only thing that came out was a soft-groan like sound. 

The blurry figure started moving towards him and seemed to be holding something. "Injection." Bucky thought. "Nurse" he mentally noted. The nurse injected him with something on ,what remained of his left arm and he felt a small but sharp pinch. Then his arm went numb again. 

After a while his vision cleared out a bit. He could almost feel his body again. 

The door opened and Paige entered. Bucky imediately smiled at her sight although it seemed weak as he hadn't fully gotten control of his body yet.

"Hey" the girl smiled. "how are you feeling?"

"Like I'm on a fucking dream. I can barely move my mouth and I'm pretty sure the drugs are still affecting me!" he mumbled. He made her chuckle. "Oh my God! You bitch! I'm suffering over here spending my energy to talk to you and you  are laughing at my face!" he said while laughing himself.

"No no! I'm not." Paige said fully laughing now too. "Please forgive me my dear!" she joked and faked a bow. 

"Mmmm.. I don't know. I think we need to settle this over a nice glass of wine and some decent food." Bucky said and an anoying smirk streched on one side of his mouth.

"Wine? You fucking grandma! Are you asking me out Buchanan?" she flushed and dramatically showed her flattery.

"Ok ew. No! I take it back. I don't want to go out with your stupid ass." he cringed at the sound of his middle name.

"Oh come on! I was just joking." she snorted. 

"Ok well in that case we have more to discuss over that wine." he joked. He loved making her laugh. 

He loved everything about her being happy. The way she bit her tonge when she smiled, her loud laugh, the creases that appeared in the corners of her beautifull green eyes and her weird habit of tugging her light brown hair behind her always-jeweled ears. 

"Sooo.. wednesday? seven o'clock?" Bucky asked.

"Ok then." she agreed and tilted her head slightly. "But I pick the place!" she insisted.

"Sure thing." Bucky winked at her and she rolled her eyes but her huge smile remained.

With a gesture Bucky signed her to hug him and she did.

Wow he smeled nice. How?! He was beaten in an alley and then brought to a hospital but still managed to smell nice. 

Paige waved Bucky goodbye as she walked out. She was almost out of the hospital when she remembered something. 

She walked back inside and approached the receptionist's desk.

"Good day ma'am how may I help you?" the rather young  looking girl asked her after noticing her presence, not looking up from her computer work.

"Uh I-I'm a friend of one of the patients here and I was just wondering when he would be clear to leave." Paige explained.

"Could you give me his name?" the girl asked and stopped typing whatever she was working on previously.

"Uh yeah. James Barnes." Paige replied and she immediately noticed the girls thin ginger brows furrow. 

"Why does that sound familiar?" the redhead asked under her breath more to herself and started typing Bucky's name to the computer. Paige just shrugged not wanting to spend any longer there. 

"In a day or two he should be ok. The doctors just need to make sure he won't get worse." the young girl said and flashed a smile.

"Thank you so much!" Paige said well aware of the huge smile on her face. "Have a nice day!" she said a bit loudly, finally walking out.

____________________________________

A/N: YAYYY THIS IS THE END OF THIS CHAPTER!! THIS WAS THE LAST CHAPTER I HADREADY AND NOW MY UPDATES WILL NOT BE AS FREQUENT AS BEFORE (NOT THAT I DID A GOOD JOB AT THAT LMAOOO) ANYWAYS I HOPE YOU LIKED THIS CHAPTER. I KNOW I DID! THIS SCENE BETWEEN THEM IS SOOOO ADORABLE!!! TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK.

DONT FORGET TO VOTE AND COMMENT!! 

THANK YOU EVERY ONEEEE!!!!