Chapter 40 - Big day

Start from the beginning

Lizzie🧸:
Stop it😂

I laugh and then put the phone in my pocket.
I decide to buy something for breakfast to Lizzie.
I would like to go into Aubrey's cafeteria, but for today i pass, i don't want to spoil anything of this day, even if sooner or later i'll have to talk to her.

After buying a cookie and coffee in the campus cafeteria, i walk into the school and walk to the door of her classroom.

I knock but no one answers from the other side, so i decide to go in but i see no trace of Lizzie anywhere.
"Liz?"
Where the hell did she go?
"Liz where are yo-"
"Buh!" she screams suddenly coming out behind the bookcase, scaring me and almost making me drop the coffee on the floor.
"Jesus Liz i almost had a heart attack" i say while she laughs
"Sorry baby it was so fun" she tells me giving me a soft kiss on my cheek.
I feel my stomach twist and my heart stop for a few seconds.
"Is that for me?" she asks me pointing the cookie and  the coffee and i nod.
"Thanks honey" she runs to hug me and i hold her tight to me.
Her delicious perfume invades my nose.
"I can't wait to be with you today" she whispers and then leaves a kiss on the hollow of my neck, giving me shivers. She raises her head to look at me and her green marbles fit together with my eyes.
"See you later?" she asks smiling at me
"Yes, see you later" i smile too, leaving her a kiss on her nose that she punctually scrunches adorably like a little kid.
I'm about to leave the classroom when she calls me.
"Y/n"
"Mmm?" i say turning towards her, she analyzes me with her gaze and then returns to look me in the eyes.
"You're so beautiful today" she says sending me to heaven
"You too Miss Olsen"

———————————

After the lesson i left the classroom and went to the parking lot, waiting for Lizzie who soon arrives with her car.
"Are you waiting for someone Miss?" she asks rolling down the car window.
"Oh yes, i'm waiting for my teacher who loves to kidnap her students" i say ironically and she giggles
"Come on idiot get on" i do as she tells me.

"I kidnapped you very easily" she says but this time in a more sensual voice.
"Just because i like being kidnapped by you Olsen" i whisper, this time getting a little closer to her.
"You know, this is called Stockholm Syndrome" she tries to remain impassive, but i feel she's on the verge of giving in to me.
"Oh yeah? Well you know if it's a problem for you i can always leave" i lick my lips and then touch the lobe of her ear, she squeezes the steering wheel tightly while her body slumps into the seat.
"Mmm no, i love when you're all mine" she closes her eyes and relaxes at my touch and this is where i apply my revenge.
Without saying anything i walk away and return to my previous position, she opens her eyes wide and looks at me confused.
"So where are you taking me?" i pretend that nothing was happening and she seems to be a little disappointed, but then she too gets back into the position she was in before.
"Uhm-i-i don't know, where would you like to go?" i smile, a little because of the effect i just had on her and then because she's really trying to show me that she cares about me, even not caring where to go but just to be with me.

"We can go to Matt's restaurant, i'd a good time last time and then is more safe for you" i propose
"Sure? Really y/n we can go wherever you want, i just wanna be with you" i smile at seeing her so worried about me, she just wants to see me happy
"Yes, that's fine" our smiles match
"Perfect, then let's go" she starts the engine and we head towards our destination.

"What happened to your hands?" she asks breaking the silence
"Oh uhm nothing to worry about Liz" i say reassuring her
"Please tell me the truth" she insists
"Well ... let's say i drank a little too much and i punched the wall of my room" i explain.
I still remember that night, the night we returned from the trip. I was so full of anger and pain that i got lost in alcohol and my demons.
"It's my fault isn't it?" i hear from her voice that she feels so guilty and as much as she's the cause i don't like to see her feel so bad.
"Liz it's just the past now" i try to convince her, she takes my left hand between hers, brings it to her lips and without taking her eyes off the road, begins to slowly kiss each red knuckle, so delicately for fear of hurting me .
"I'm sorry, i'm really sorry Y/n.
I would like to be the cause of your happiness and not of your pain" her eyes are red and shiny, a tear touches her cheek and i wipe it with my thumb.
She places her cheek on the palm of my hand and closes her eyes for a few seconds relaxing at my touch.
"We have all the time in the world ahead, there will be a way to fix it. Let's move on without thinking about the past anymore, okay?" i tell her and she just nods.
"You're an angel, you know? You deserve all the good in this world" she tells me, continuing to kiss my hand.
"I have you, you're enough for me" i admit with the fear that she might refuse me and instead she smiles tenderly and leaves me another kiss and then gets back to driving.
I turn to the window to hide my smile as a happy idiot but especially in love.
Everything is going right, fate seems to be on my side for once.
While i look out i see something in the distance that catches my attention.
"Liz look there's a funfair!" i say pointing and attracting her attention this time.
Memories assail my mind, my face is painted a bit of bitterness and nostalgia and she notices it.
"Hey what's up?" she asks me worriedly
"Nothing is that ... my sister and i always went to a Funfair with my mother, it was one of the many family traditions that we had and which is no longer there. It's been years now"
"You miss her, isn't?" she asks kindlessly
"A lot" i admit
I miss my mom, i miss spending time with her.
I see Lizzie turn the wheel and change direction, getting closer and closer to the Funfair.
"What are you doing?" i ask confused
"Well let's go to the Funfair" she tells me
"What? Lizzie but it's dangerou-"
"I don't care, i told you i just wanna be with you and make you happy"