The door opened suddenly, and we all turned towards it. I put my hand on my blaster, but Hunter put his hand on my arm, stopping me from pulling it out. Two twi-lek kids ran in. 

"Mom, Dad!" the kids called. "There's a ship outside!"

"Shaeeah, Jek! Remember me?" Wrecker called out. the kids ran towards him.

"Uncle Wrecker!" they shouted. Wrecker greeted them warmly.

"Who are you?" the blue twi-lek asked, looking at Omega.

"Omega," she answered.

"We never see kids around here," Shaeeah said. she grabbed Omega's hand. "Come with us."

Omega stopped before the door, looking at Hunter. He nodded, and the kids ran outside. 

"Shadow, if you want, I have some clothes you could wear. If you want to get out of that armor," Suu offered.

"Thanks, Suu," I grabbed the clothes, stepping into the bathroom to change. I finished quickly and stepped back outside, putting my armor in the ship. I walked back to the house but didn't go inside, sitting on the steps. 

"You alright, Shadow?" Hunter asked. I looked up. He was leaning against the wall.

"It's all a little overwhelming, Hunter," I replied, taking my place next to him. "I want Omega to be as safe as she can be, but while we're fugitives, she can't. I like to keep an eye on her."

"I do the same, Shadow," he said, meeting my eyes. "She's safe here. You can relax."

I shook my head. "I don't think I can, Hunter."

Our conversation was cut short by Cut joining us. "Alright, out with it. What's with the girl?"

"She's a defective clone, like we are," Hunter responded.

"Not exactly," Cut said, cutting into our argument. "The Kaminoans don't create without a purpose. You all have one, so, what's hers?"

"It doesn't matter. She's just a kid."

"And Shadow?"

"She's also just a kid."

"I'm not a kid!" I said defensively. I paused, then sighed. "I'm not a clone, Cut. I was taken by the Kaminoans at the age of 16 to protect Omega. To be her guardian."

"Shadow, you're both under our protection now," Hunter said, almost warningly. "We won't let anything happen to either of you. I want you to relax."

I sighed, rolling my eyes.

"Battling droids was easy compared to raising a child. Two children, even harder," he chuckled. "You have no idea what you're in for."

"We didn't have a choice. Kamino wasn't safe anymore for the two of them," Hunter said.

"Well, neither is Saleucami. Rex warned us of the storm that's coming," Cut said. "Clone troopers have already started showing up. I'm heading into town to book us transport off-world."

"We can take you where you need to go," Hunter offered.

"Nah, you're wanted men. Too risky," Cut declined. "I have to do what's best for them," he gestured to the kids.

He walked inside, leaving Hunter and I outside. We watched the kids, Shaeeah and Jek teaching Omega how to catch.

"I caught it!" she exclaimed excitedly.

Hunter smiled, the first genuine smile I'd seen in a long time. 

"Why don't you go play with them?" he asked in a low voice. "You need to relax. Let loose. Play for a bit. Besides, that way you can watch Omega even closer."