Chapter 5

✩✩✩✩☆

Clover's Dad knocked on the door when Carmen opened the door.

"Hey Cecilia, Devon. Clover and Miles welcome" Carmon says, letting us in,

"Miggy, that Hollands are here" Carmon yells out. Clover laughs, she sees Miguel walkout

"Hey Miguel" Clover greets him, he pulls her in to hug him which she was not expecting at all but returns it.

They all sit down for dinner, Miguel's Yaya made it, she made the best meals. It tasted divine. Clover, Miles, and Miguel are in deep conversation about bands, and Miguel talking about the bands, Mr. Lawrence showed him.

After dinner, Miguel asks if she'd like to stay over, and she agrees since she really liked talking to the black-haired boy. She grabs some extra clothes and stuff to wear to bed and heads back in. They listen to music and chill out a bit until he show's her a bit of karate. He also tells her the story of how he learned to kick in the high school pool. She laughs a lot at his stories until they settle down for a bit.

"Why do your parents talk about you like that?" Miguel asks when they were laying down. Carmen brought in a blow-up bed for her to sleep on.

"Like what?" Clover questions the boy, confused.

"Like they're going to lose you" Miguel responds, she sighs

" Miguel, I'm battling cancer at the moment" Clover reveals, Miguel looks shocked.

"Clover, I'm so sorry," Miguel says, dumbfounded by the news he was told. She told him more of the specifics, stuff she didn't tell everyone, the two now closer than before. She was glad she told him, it felt better getting it off her chest, feeling a little better than before.

The next morning, she heads back to her apartment, gets ready for school and meets Miguel again to catch the bus. She headed to class, one in which she was in the same as Moon, a girl she spoke to at the Halloween dance. She was really pretty. Clover did Pe with her, she's on the cheer squad. They ended up playing soccer, classic, she hated soccer but played anyway. Cheerleading was practised as well as cheering on the teams who played soccer.

That lunch was the same, Miguel, Demetri, and Eli all of them sitting together while Demetri rambles on about a comic. She was excited to see the new spiderman movie, which was just really cute.

That afternoon, Miles and Clover went to go see that new spiderman movie. They grab two buckets of popcorn and Whoopers to share in the theatre, the two were big snackers when watching movies.

"I can't believe they cast Tom Holland for this movie" Miles groans, you shake your head smiling.

"I wonder after this, we'll keep being asked if we're related to him," I say, as we walked into the theatre, watching the previews before then the cinema dims more as the movie begins.

"That movie wasn't as bad as I thought I'd be" Miles admits after they walk out of the theatre, Clover nods in agreement. She thought it was pretty good.

They were filled up on popcorn, mum wasn't happy with them once they got home and found out they weren't hungry and ate a lot at the movies. Her mum sighed as they walked down the hall into their rooms. She started talking to Demetri about the movie he had seen before her. She told him she really enjoyed it. He then showed her a bunch of other movies, some she decided to watch on her phone for a bit until she felt tired enough to sleep, she just kept on watching.

Clover's parents walked up to her room that morning, telling her that they agreed to let her join, so she was a lot happier than usual, soon enough maybe she could tick that off her list as well as skateboarding, which she was hoping to do after karate this afternoon if she could join. She heads off to school, keeping it from Miguel to surprise him. That afternoon, you stopped by home to grab your skateboard and go and head to where Cobra Kai is.