Chapter 13: First Match

Start from the beginning

"We didn't do anything. You are the one accusing us of things we didn't do." Hermione shouted at him.

"For the smartest witch, you really are dumb. The proof is right there." She pointed to the screen. "Lady Magik, could you rewind to my inheritance test please?" She asked.

"Rewinding." Lady Magik's voice spoke.

The screen rewinded to Zoe's inheritance test, showing the transactions to everyone in the Great Hall, once again. "It showed transactions to you and the Weasels and Dumbledork, except for 4 of them, the transference of my family money, you stole Lily's potions books and all the Potter books. Molly and Ginny took the family jewellery and Ron tried to take control of the Lordship of Potter House that is rightfully mine as the first-born. The only ones who refused the money were Bill, Charlie, Fred and George – the only good Weasleys along with Arthur." Zoe said, she stood up and walked in front of the Gryffindors that stole from her and used her brother. "Let me tell you something... You shouldn't have stolen my property, I mean, I could have used that to remove you from Hogwarts but I didn't, and I do regret not doing that."

"Those books are not private property. All Pure–bloods are jealous of muggle borns and hide all those precious books from us. Not wanting us to beat them." Hermione sniffed angrily, pretending to no feel afraid of her. But she was.

"Pure–bloods created spells that muggleborns could never do. How do you think the spells and all the books that you read exist in the first place about all those spells if not for the Pure–bloods you constantly insult? Family spells and magic is different, it's personal, it's intimate. The majority of the Pure–bloods prefer to keep them within the family. I mean, you're lucky that there are even books that were made public in the first place. Learn some damn respect for other people's opinions if you want others to respect yours." Zoe said, looking at her with a serious expression. "But, you've never thought about anyone else other than your own feelings." Zoe muttered with distaste.

"I didn't steal them. I just took them to read." Hermione repeated as if it explains everything and made everything that Zoe had said irrelevant.

"One place, according to Hagrid. Hogwarts." Harry answers.

"Well, whatever it is, it must be really valuable." Hermione says.

"Or really dangerous." Harry comments. Just then, an owl beats into the room.

"But early for mail, isn't it?" Hermione asks.

"That's Hedwig." Harry points out.

All watch as she swoops down with a long thin package. Harry slips Hedwig a piece of his uneaten toast, strips open the parcel and finds, inside, a sleek mahogany broomstick. "It's a broomstick." He says, looking at the present in awe.

"That's not a broomstick, Harry. That's a Nimbus Two Thousand." Ron gasps.

"It's beautiful." Sirius and James whispered with tears in their eyes.

"Are you crying?" Lily asked them.

"... No."

"But who...?" Harry glances up, sees – far across the room – Professor McGonagall looking his way. Quickly, she turns away.

"Love you, Minnie." James whispered.

Quidditch Field – Day

The stadium is full. Ron and Hermione joined Neville and Seamus in the Gryffindor section, unfold a banner that reads Potter for President. As the Slytherin and Gryffindor teams take the field, the crowd rolls. Oliver wood runs up alongside a nervous Harry who clutches his new Nimbus 2000. "I know what you're thinking, Harry. I'm playing my first game of Quidditch, the entire schools watching me, and worst of all is against leather and am I right?"