I dragged my trunk loudly down the steps, hoping to make a few dents along the way.  I entered into the large dark living room where the rest of my family was sitting with their own trunks. I got cold looks from my thirteen year old sister Avelina and my twelve year old sister Elvira who were both fixing their dark hair in the mirrors. I rolled my eyes and continued counting down the seconds to my departure. Dane, Avelina's twin, was too busy to notice me while flipping through his brand new Dark Arts book. His large ice blue eyes were staring intensely at each page. It was common throughout my family to have black hair and eyes the color of ice, all of them have it, every person in our portraits had those features. Except for me of course. My mother Rosalis was adjusting the pillow placements on the couch being the perfectionist she was. Desmond, yes I refer to my parents by their first names, was nowhere to be seen. Silvius smiled over at me I gave a small smile back to before I said, "So, can I leave now?"

"You know where the Floo powder is," Rosalis snapped at me without looking up. I just glared in her direction and made my way to the fire place while dragging my trunk. Silvius got up from the couch and started walking over to me.

"Stay out of trouble will you?" he joked and gave me a tight hug. "You'll be fine at Hogwarts."

"Right..." I laughed and then took a handful of Floo powder and tossed it into the fire. "See you next summer," I said just to Silvius, not wanting to say goodbye to the rest. "King's Cross Station!" I shouted and then stepped in without looking back.

I stepped out from the flames. There was an isolated part in King's Cross Station where wizards and witches could use the Floo network to travel. I pulled the ticket out of my pocket, Platform nine and three quarters? Was that even real? This was one of those times when I wish I had someone to help me. I began to wander off into the muggle area, intrigued by their strange choices of clothing and hairdos. I walked until I saw Platform nine and ten. I stared, was this some kind of joke? I must have been standing there for a while because people began to stare as they passed. "You don't happen to be looking for platform nine and three quarters, do you?" a smooth voice said behind me. I turned around quickly. A gorgeous boy that looked a little older than me with sun-tanned skin and dark hair was standing there. He was with three other boys. I noticed he also had an American accent.

"That's exactly what I'm looking for," I answered back, shocked with my current luck. I was beginning to think I would miss the train.

"You're from the US too?" he asked. "Haven't seen you around the school."

"Well I'm a first year," I replied with a shrug. "I'm from Massachusetts, where are you from?"

"Hawaii." The boy smiled. "Why didn't you go to Salem if it's right in your backyard? My friends and I were planning on going there, but it was kind of small. We also heard their rules were pretty medieval."

"Same reason," I lied, not wanting to tell them that I was really sent here so I wouldn't embarrass the family at Salem.

"We should probably get going before we miss the train," the boy said. "My name is Jake by the way, Jacob Ryfeld. All you have to do is run straight into the brick wall." I looked at him like he was crazy. "You don't believe me?" he asked with a fake hurt expression. He then took full speed at the wall and disappeared before I could blink.