Chapter 39 - Videocall

Start from the beginning

I take a taxi and go home, i open the doorway and throw the backpack somewhere in the living room.
"Cas i'm at home" i warn without receiving an answer.
I go to the table and see a post it.

"I went on a date,
tomorrow i'll tell you everything ;),
but in the meantime to make me forgive
i got your favorite pizza,
eat for me please.
I love you little Boo"

I have eaten very little lately, in fact, i can say that i have stopped eating.
Cas and Hailee were the only people who forced me to eat at least enough to keep me on my feet.
I realize that the situation is getting worse, i'm returning to relive times that i thought were now a thing of the past.

I take a slice of pizza and put it on a plate and go to my room, i know that one way or another Cassie would check if i actually ate so i have little choice.
I throw myself in bed and just then a message pop up on my phone.

Lizzie🧸:
Hey 🤍

my heart leaps for joy.

Me:
Hey Liz, what's up

I try to appear calm but i'm actually happy that she wrote to me, it has been a while since i received a message from her and i actually missed reading her name on my phone.

Lizzie🧸:
Oh uhm i didn't think
you'd answer me right away,
are you still with Hailee?

Me:
Nope, i'm at home

Lizzie🧸:
Oh uhm perfect, can i videocall you?

Why on earth does she want to make a video call with me?

Me:
Yes...but did something happen?

Lizzie🧸:
Oh no it's just...i miss your face😊

Then her call appears on my phone which i immediately accept and a clumsy Lizzie with a straw hair appears on my screen.

Lizzie's look:

"Hey" she smiles at me with so much tenderness

"Hey little bear" i smile too and she immediately scrunches her adorable nose when she hears me calling her by her nickname, actually i haven't called her that for a while.
"I missed it but most i missed your smile" she tells me
"Me too but by the way, where are you?"
"Oh i'm in my garden, i took advantage of the beautiful day to take care of my plants" she explains to me.
God she's so cute and beautiful and sweet and fuck, i love her.

"Baby i don't want you to get cold" i realize the way i called her but it's too late now, it's fucking impossible to be aloof with her.
I see her eyes sparkle at this and i wonder if it takes so little to make this effect to her then what does she feel for me?