6 | Roses

7 - Chan

The students were being evacuated. Wounded students and staff were already sent to hospital while others were sent home.
Police were around the college, examining the area. This sudden attack was also heard by us who weren't at college that time. We knew who did that and what they wanted to do.

I knew Roselyne was kidnapped, without her knowing I put a tracker in her phone. I was now hiding with the members near 'ZZZ' headquarters, waiting for the right time to get her back.

"Chan, that's their car!"

Two Jeeps were heading to a forest. Felix watched the tracker that he already put at the Jeeps when no one noticed his fast and agile movements. As they were getting far enough, Felix told Minho to start their van and drove to the forest.

The tracker stopped at the cliff for a while and then left. Minho started driving there after the Jeeps were completely gone. As we arrived, the sight of her body laid on the ground made me so mad. I jumped out of the car and rushed towards her. I carried her to the back seat then left.

"Where are we going now, Chan ?" Minho asked.

"To my castle."

I laid beside her sleeping figure, caressing her blue cheeks with dried tears on it. Then her red wrists and red neck.
After getting some treatments, she was awake for some time, but because of tiredness she fell asleep again. At least I was grateful that she didn't get a major injury.

I was scared, thinking of what they said to her. Wonjae might have already told her about my identity. I needed to prepare what I should explain to her. I'd accept whatever it was. Disappointment, anger, fear of me. I'd accept it if she'd probably hate me. But one thing : no matter what happened, I would protect her.

No matter how much she hated me, I would still love her.

I remembered how this problem started. Our history that we never wanted to remember anymore. We were evil, scary. I just prayed Roselyne never knew about our dark past.

ZZZ was the biggest mafia in the country, but the conflict between the Kings, my father and Wonjae's made them separated. Wonjae's father was greedy and my father, Mr. Bang, chose to leave and build his own organization in Australia called SKZ.

The organization was big now considering that my father was actually the brain of ZZZ, smarter than his brother, Wonjae's father. The success of SKZ made us rich. Castle was our lifestyle.

But Wonjae's father felt the existence of SKZ made the members of the ZZZ decrease along with the supply of money for illegal trade. Many people chose to join us rather than ZZZ. Greed and jealousy controlled him, he attacked the SKZ headquarters.

Unfortunately, my father was faster to report Wonjae's father to Roselyne's father, along with the evidence. Wonjae's father was arrested and sentenced to death. ZZZ's king died, and his son took his throne.

"This is not your fault, baby." I whispered, staring at her. "You, you and me, we don't deserve to live like this. Can we just go somewhere, leaving this evil life ? Can we just start a new life as a normal couple, having kids running inside our house ?"

I kissed her forehead, and the kiss unknowingly made her wake up. She stared at me, blinking her eyes many times. So beautiful.

"Hey, what do you feel right now ? Anything hurt ?"

I caressed her head, and she smiled, shaking her head. "Can I hug you, Channie ?"

I was a bit surprised, it's been a long time since she called me like that and it was always a great feeling. Without answering her, I took her to my embrace and kissed her once again.