Prolougue

7/7/116AC

Pentos

Daemon's point of view

I had been pacing back and forth for what felt like an eternity

I had been pacing back and forth for what felt like an eternity. All I wanted was to meet my child, my first, for so long. What felt like an overwhelming feling of hoping would finally come to a conclusion. It would be the day that I could finally meet him or her. My heir was here every bone in my body told me it was time. I would be a father at last.

I waited outside of Laena's chambers as I had all day. Tyersom was to be out of the room hearing her screams and grunts when after so long the room went silent.... Within seconds my child's cry echoed. A cry that made my heart stop for just a moment. "Congratulations my lady," the head maester spoke proudly, as I couldn't help but be overjoyed. I couldn't wait any longer. I stormed into the room and threw the crowd of maids and noble women. I found my wife holding our babe.

"Daemon... Look at her. She looks exactly like you," Laena held our precious child with tears streaming down the sides of her face. She lay there beautiful as ever and glowing with excitement. My wife was almost glittering as her smile made the room shine. I came down, next to her and then saw the most precious thing in this world. looked at the little bundle she held in her arms to find my daughter, my little princess. Yes, it was a girl and I was so happy about it. I knew it for a while now but Laena hoped for a son. I didn't want to fight her wishes, and keep my hopes of a girl to myself. However.... here she was...my heir.

I came to see my child covered in blood. She was a fighter I could tell. She had dark purple eyes almost ocean blue as she shifted in the candle light. My wife was correct, she did look like me in every sense of the word. She had fair skin and hair that looks almost pink mixed with the redness of the blood. As she turned she reminded me of my brother, the kind with her nose sticking out slightly and her lips full as her mothers. I was so fascinated by her. Her pink cheeks and little fingers that reached out for me. Such a small thing she was. So delicate and precious in every sense of the word.

 So delicate and precious in every sense of the word