"Okay," Serenity agreed. "Let me just go talk to them real quick."

Steve nodded. Serenity slid off of the countertop and walked to the middle of the food court. Not too long ago she had stood here, watching as Eleven stared at all of the neon lights in wonder. Even though it had only been a few days, it felt like years.

"You're going with him, aren't you?" Mike voiced once Serenity reached them.

She blinked. "Yeah, how'd you know?"

He shrugged. "I just assumed."

"If you're coming over here to ask if it's okay, we're going to be fine, Renny," Lucas reassured her.

Will nodded. "Stay with him. We know you need it."

"You sure?" Serenity questioned.

"We're sure," Eleven responded.

"Plus, we have Nancy and Jonathan," Max added. "It's okay, Renny. Really."

"All right," Serenity said. She looked around at all of them. "I love all of you, okay? Stay safe, don't do anything I wouldn't do."

With that, her, Dustin, and Erica left the middle area of the food court to find Steve and Robin. They found them standing near the escalator that went upwards, and Serenity saw that Steve had picked up the spiked bat, resting it against his shoulder. The sight was so utterly familiar that it made Serenity's mind spin a little bit.

(Or maybe it was because he looked attractive with it. Either way.)

Steve offered the bat to Serenity when they reached them. "Here you go, babe."

"Thanks," Serenity replied, taking it as they stepped onto the escalator. "I was joking that I was channeling my inner Steve."

Finally, they reached the doors to the mall. Serenity looked through the glass, only to see a cream-colored Cadillac convertible sitting right in front, shining underneath the neon lights. She took a glance towards Steve, who looked utterly entranced by the car as he pushed open the doors and allowed them to enter the slightly chilly summer night air.

"Oh, man, now this . . . this is what I'm talking about!" Steve exclaimed.

Robin's gaze immediately went to the license plate. "Toddfather?"

"Oh, screw Todd! Steve's her daddy now."

"Never say that again," Serenity pleaded as she watched him hop over the door and sit in the drivers seat. "Please never say that again."

"Did you just talk about yourself in the third person?" Robin asked.

"Did he just call himself daddy?" Erica questioned.

Serenity shook her head in amusement as she opened the door and settled herself down in the passenger seat, letting the spiked bat rest on the floor.

"All right, where are we going?" Steve inquired.

"Weathertop," Dustin answered as the other three all squished together in the back.