Emily extended her right hand out to Lois. "It's nice to meet you, Ms. Lane. My older brother told me much about you from the letters."

"It's nice to meet you, too," Lois retorted. She accepted Emily's hand, shaking it. "Your brother told me about you at work. Of how you two are best friends since you were born. It's adorable."

"Yeah," Emily giggled. "We were inseparable until he moved here. Anyway, he's helping me buying some food."

"Aw, that's good to hear," Lois commented before smirking playfully. "Don't want your baby sister work on an empty stomach."

Clark chuckled. "Don't worry, my sister's not a baby anymore. But I'm helping her out since this is her first day."

Lois giggled. "Well, I'll see you tomorrow, Kent. It was nice meeting you too, Emily."

"Like wise, Lois," Emily retorted as she saw Lois exited the shopping aisle. She glanced up at Clark with a playful smirk. "She seems like a nice big sis material, don't you think?"

Clark blushed. "Y-Yeah, but she said she likes Superman. She was known as Danger Prone Lois, because she's gotten herself into danger."

"Whatever you say. Anyway, we'd better pay the food."

After paying the food, Emily and Clark soon went back to their apartment building. Once there, Clark handed Emily her bags of groceries.

"No bad guys or disasters today," Emily questioned.

"Nah," Clark responded. "I imprisoned robbers who were robbing a bank two hours before your arrival. So you're lucky."

"That's good to hear. I bet those bullets didn't hurt you."

"They didn't hurt much. Those robbers didn't taught their new members that guns don't work on me."

"I'm not surprised. Well, I'd better head to my apartment to whip myself a dinner."

"Alright. Good luck with your first day."

Emily smiled sheepishly. "Thanks. Because I needed it for tomorrow, Clark."

Clark patted his sister's head. "I know you'll do fine. Sure, you are starting small at the police department. But you will do something big, one day."

A faint smile on Emily's face. "Thanks, Clark. I know I'll make the big difference like you can as Superman."

She and Clark went into their apartments. Once Emily went inside of hers, she begun to cook her dinner of a medium rare steak with vegetables. She enjoyed it and washed the dishes. She relaxed by watching some television she then locked the door. She turned off all of the lights before she went into her bedroom. She gotten herself ready as she changed from her day clothes to her light purple pajamas. As she climbed into bed, she switched off the lamp on the bedside table. Lying in her bed, she closed her eyes and drifted off to sleep.

The next morning, Emily's alarm went off. She hit the snooze button before she sat up. Emily stretched her arms as she let out a big yawn. Climbing out from her bed, she got dressed from her pajamas to her deputy officer uniform. She even brushed her hair and tied it into a ponytail. Exiting her bedroom, she went over to the kitchen section of her apartment. She then cooked herself a breakfast of scrambled eggs and beans on toast with a cup of coffee. Once she ate her breakfast, she washed the dishes. She went over to the front door and put on her trainers. Unlocking the front door, she exited her apartment.

As she locked the front door from the outside, Emily saw Clark came out and locked his door too. "Morning, Clark."

"Morning, Emily," Clark greeted before noticing her uniform. "Looking good. Like a professional."