As the sun begins to set, I grab Aiden's free hand and lead him inside, up to Catherine's room where we put her to bed. I reach down to stroke her face lovingly as Aiden wraps his arms around me from behind. He nuzzles his face into my neck and trails kisses along my shoulder and then up to my ear. He nips at the lobe and gives me a gentle squeeze. 

"You make me so happy." He grumbles. I turn and look into his eyes. His are sorrow-filled and watery. He lifts a hand to cup my cheek. "I'm going to miss you so much." I shake my head.

"Don't take about that right now." I wrap an arm around his neck to tangle the hand in his silky hair and put the other hand on the side of his face. "Let's spend this night together with no tears. Let's spend the night as if we have the rest of our lives together. Tomorrow, we can cry." I tell him and place a fierce kiss to his lips. Aiden instantly picks me up and takes us to our bedroom where he lays me on the plush bed. I stare up at him as he lifts his shirt up, revealing a chest covered in battle scars. I get to my knees and lightly trace his risen skin with my finger tips. 

"You're beautiful." I whisper, lifting my eyes up to him. He has no emotion on his face but pain. He tangles his hands in my head and I place a finger on his lips. "Smile, baby." He doesn't. His eyes water even more. "Please smile for me." I beg, my throat closing up as I speak. And he does. He give me a faint smile before leaning down to press his lips against mine. 

I lay back and pull him on top of me. Aiden kisses down my neck, to my shoulder and across my collarbone. I close my eyes and try to allow myself to bask in the glory of being with my mate. But it hurts to know this is our last night together. 

Aiden lays on top of my, his breathing heavy, matching the pace of mine. I wrap my arms around him when he tries to move. He can't. He has to stay here with me. I can't let him go yet. He rests his head into the crook of my neck and I rest my chin on his shoulder as I stare up at the ceiling. I feel a stray tear roll down my cheek and drop onto his skin. 

This is it. In a few hours time, our lives will be changed permanently. Our pack will be torn apart and I will lose myself in the process. If I am to return, I will not be the same cheerful person I used to be. This battle will change me and I know it will change Rain as well. Aiden is right about the fact that we shouldn't see what is about to happen but don't mistake me. Just because I agree doesn't change my mind. I'm still going. I must protect my mate.

Aiden moves and I instantly panic, thinking he heard my thoughts. I try to think if I put the wall up and when I realize I didn't, I nibble on my bottom lip. Aiden props up on an elbow and watches me. Then he reaches over to brush a tear away. "Don't cry, my love. Everything will be okay." Lie. But I still nod and give him a soft smile. 

His hazel eyes take in my face for a moment before he sighs and bows his head. "I wish I could be stronger for us." His words break my heart and I instantly start to bawl. I throw my arms around him and allow myself to sob. Aiden lightly trails his fingers up and down my spine. 

"Aiden, you are the strongest man I have ever met. I love you so much and I would not change one thing about you!" I tell him, trying to sound strong and defiant. I don't want him to think I saying this for his benefit. Because I'm not.

"But I've failed you." He says. I shake my head quickly and kiss his shoulder. 

"No. You have saved me." I lean back and stare into his beautiful eyes. "You have saved me, Aiden!" I raise my voice for more emphasis. "Without you, I wouldn't have survived Carl." I would be six feet under-"

"Don't speak like that." Aiden growls with anger, cutting me off. "I don't like the thought of you dying." I smile softly and run my fingers through his hair. 

"I don't like the thought of you dying either." I grumble. Aiden gives me a look and then places his forehead against mine. 

"Promise me you will take Catherine somewhere safe and watch over her. I know you and you are most likely plotting a way to sneak under my nose and join the battle. But I beg you not to." He says. I stare into his eyes and frown. I hate how he knows me too well. There is no way, however, that I am staying home. But still, I nod. He smiles softly and kisses me.

"Good girl. I love you, Summer."

"Love you more." 

I feel Aiden place a kiss to the side of my head and I moan, rolling over to look at him. He was fully clothed and was getting out of bed. I reach out and grab his hand, feeling my heartbeat pick up at the thought of him leaving me without a goodbye. "Shh. I thought it would be easier-"

"No!" I shoot up and throw my arms around him. He grabs my hips and kisses my shoulder a few times. I run my fingers through his hair and when he pulls away, I feel tears roll down my cheeks. 

"No. Aiden, please, no!" I scream, moving on the bed follow his movements as he walks around the bed. I reach for him. "Aiden, you can't leave." He closes our distance and cups my face lovingly, kissing me. All of his passion pour out into the kiss, flowing into me. My heart races as I cling to him, never wanting to let him go. 

He pulls back and stare into my eyes. "I love you so much Summer, please don't follow us. I need you to stay here and take care of Catherine. Protect her and love her. I will see you soon." He runs his thumb over my lips and I watch as tears fall out of his eyes. 

"No." I shake my head.

"Yes. Stay. Summer, this is the last thing I ask of you. I need you to obey me." 

"No." I say, my voice weak and quiet.

"Please! Please, Summer. I can't go out there, knowing you'll follow. I'll be back. I'll come back." I shake my head and sob as I grab his hand. 

"No you won't." I disagree. Aiden begins to cry harder as he bows his head and buries it in the crook of my neck. "I love you, Aiden." 

"I love you too, baby. So much." He says in a strained voice. He then steps back and his eyes take me in for the last time. I feel my world begin to crumble as I realize this will be the last time I ever see him again. "I have to go. I'll always be with you, Summer. Even when you can't see me, I'll be here." He gives my face one last stroke and with that, he walks off toward the door. 

"No! Aiden, please don't leave me! Please! Aiden!" I watch his shoulders shake as he cries. He doesn't stop though. He exits the room and leaves without another glance back. The sound of the door closing shakes through my body and I let out an ear piercing scream. My heart is ripped apart as I hear his footsteps running away. I curl up into a ball and allow myself to deteriorate from the inside out. I will not survive without him. 

My door in shoved open and a frantic Rain runs in, carrying scissors. "You ready?" She ask. I hear Aiden's pleas for me to stay home but I can't bring myself to carry through with his last request. If I have the opportunity to save him, I will. 

I nod at Rain. "I'm ready." 

I cried writing this chapter. It's a filler but I still cried lol

Sooo Tell me what you thought! 

Comment/Vote!!! 

Xoxo Charlotte!