Chapter One

Yeonjun stole a glance over at the empty seat beside him, before confusion took over. He glanced up at the clock wondering why Soobin hadn't arrived yet. Class starts in two minutes and there was no sight of him. They had walked into school together, but had gone their separate ways. And he hadn't been seen since. Yeonjun wondered what was so important that Soobin had to go his own way before school had began.

His thoughts were interrupted when the home room teacher walked in before clearing his throat. Students were noisy to where the home room teacher had to speak over them. "Everyone take your seats I have to make sure everyone is accounted for. Has anyone seen Choi Soobin?" The teacher asked looking at the empty desk. Most students shook their heads before continuing on with their conversations.

"Soobin is here. But I haven't seen him since we walked into the school". Yeonjun spoke up. The home room teacher nodded before writing something down. Suddenly, the bell rang indicating the beginning of school. Yeonjun sighed under his breath, worry starting to settle in. Soobin was never late.

Suddenly, the door opens interrupting the teachers role call. "HyunMin you're late". Mr. Lim announced. HyunMin bowed as an apology before facing the teacher.

"Sorry I was talking with the principal about some extra credit. It won't happen again". He apologized. Once again the teacher sighed before nodding. "I will allow it this time. You're the class president so you better set a better example. Next time bring a pass or it will be detention for you". Mr. Lim warned. HyunMin nodded before finding his seat.

Yeonjun took notice of his nervous behavior and wondered what had gotten him so worked up. He had known HyunMin well enough that his nervous behavior was something different. Something about him seemed odd. A rare side of him which was rarely seen.

Yeonjun couldn't pry his eyes away from HyunMin's hands, which were trembling uncontrollably. HyunMin's knuckles were scabbed over with dried blood which possibly meant that he was involved in a fight. As if sensing that he was being stared at HyunMin turned around and seen that Yeonjun was staring back at him.

"Have you seen Soobin?" Yeonjun whispered so that only he could hear. HyunMin shook his head before grabbing his notes. "No, sorry I haven't. When I do see him, I'll be sure to let him know that you're looking for him". Worry started to seep in as Soobin had yet to show up despite he saw him before going separate ways.

"Where are you Soobin?" Yeonjun mumbled. He reached for his notes out of his bag pulling out yesterday's homework. He could only hope that Soobin would show up soon. It was very unlike him to miss class.

Suddenly, the door opened partially before a head popped in. The door opened to reveal a brown mop of hair before the boy stood into view. Yeonjun would recognize that person anywhere. With his head bowed downward his face was hidden.

"Sorry, I am late. I went to get a pass, but they were all taken". Soobin apologized his head still lowered. Angrily the teacher sighed before throwing a book down onto the desk, landing with a hard thump. "You know that I don't tolerate late students in my class. During school hours you need to be punctual. When you get out into the real world being late won't be tolerated. After school you have detention. Meet in my room and don't be late". He said looking over his rimmed glasses. Soobin nodded his shoulders sinking some. "Sorry sir, it won't happen again. I swear". Soobin apologizes once again. Mr. Lim scoffed. "That's what they all say. Now take your seat. Class has already began".

Yeonjun watched as Soobin kept his face lowered, avoiding any eye contact with his classmates. Something was definitely off. Yeonjun was determined to find out why his brother was acting that way and was disappearing at odd times. "What's gotten into you Soobin?" Yeonjun thought aloud to himself.