~Chapter~13~The Best Of Times and The Worst

Start from the beginning

“how?” he asked.

“one suffered an illness, and the other I had to dispose of.” He came to my side and grabbed my hand, “he was going to kill my Suri.”

They both nodded in understanding, and that was that. We all chatted, Sharon was actually very polite, and my mother was laughing with Rain about something.

This is how life will be, then I remembered something.

I kissed Hayle and told him I was going to our room to get something and before he could ask I was slithering away quickly.

Hayle’s POV

“I have to get something from our room, don’t wait up!” he said and he swam away quickly out into the hallway.

I felt someone poke me and I looked down to see Sharon staring at me with her dark Hazel eyes, “where is he going?”

“to get something from our room.”

“You two sleep together!?” she shouted, Mary looked at me and glared daggers at me.

“yes, we do only because we cannot sleep without one another. We are Suri, which is translated to your word for mate.” I explained.

Sharon sighed, “I hope I can find a Suri someday.”

Mary snorted, “I think that only works for the merpeople Sharon.”

Sharon looked to me, “is there anyway we can be too? I mean Derik did why can’t we?” she asked.

“well I was going to talk to my mother about it, but it was luck that gave us  the ring I gave him, it contained a magic lost to us.” I explained.

“Wish magic is very rare to come across, the last person to have such a gift was my grandmother and since then no one has been able to harness it’s power.” My mother said.

Then a thought occurred to me, “what if Derik could do it himself?” I asked her.

“Derik? How would he have this power?” my father asked.

“when we went to the magic shop he was able to control all of the elements not just one or the rare two like we do.” I explained, “but there was no Wish magic based items so he couldn’t try.”

“all of the elements? Are you sure?” my mother asked.

I nodded, “yes.”

“well I would assume since the ring contained the magic, I would only guess that it is a Wish magic item.” She said.

“well we have to ask his to use it when her returns.” My father said.

We all nodded, and Sharon whooped in excitement.

If he can harness this power he will be the most powerful being in the world. I smiled, I really did pick a truly special Suri.

Derik’s POV

When I got back to the room I saw a bright light behind the barrier, and when I jumped through I saw my egg glowing a bright array of blues that bounced off the walls and the water.

‘finally, I thought you would never come back’ Aquarius’ voice huffed, ‘I need you to throw me into one of the pools of water, I like the one with waterfall best so do as I command!’