Oh, You (Fang+Iggy)

A/N: [Edited 3/30/2016] This was originally posted in April 2011.

Oh, You (Fang/Iggy)

Chapter 1: Open the Damn Door

"Fang, man! Stop zoning!" called Gazzy as we walked our way to the high school. My gut twisted as I thought about our first year, freshman year. The year we were labeled, evaluated, taken into clans (or cults really). Gazzy and I, both age fifteen, both had the butterflies as we stepped up to the front doors. I had been zoning ever since Gazzy and I had met up at Corner Twelve next to R-Cade on Elm Street. Specific, I know. My brain tended to overanalyze when I was nervous about something. It helped on tests, but socially? It tended to get me into some trouble.

Both stopping in front of one of the two possible entrances, I stare at Gaz in expectancy. When he didn't move, I gave his left arm a light sucker punch. The wind blew my long, pitch black hair, had placed in the usual high up pony tail, brushing it into my face. Subconsciously, I flung it to the side.

"Open it," I commanded Gazzy as he stumbled towards it. I was the older of the two, by roughly two months, meaning that I sure as hell was not opening that door. Not in this life time anyway. Instantly Gazzy's eyes widened in fear. I couldn't tell if he was faking it or not.

"Hell no! You open it, Fang!" he practically shouted. He wasn't faking it. A sophomore next to us rolled her eyes and opened the door next to ours. I recognized her as being a grade above us in middle school. She tended to kiss one too many girls behind the bleachers during football games.

Glaring at Gazzy, I prepare to use The Threat.

"Oh you wouldn't dare." Those crystalline eyes stabbed back invisible knives as we commenced into a death glare battle.

"Open. The. Damn. Door. Gaz," I said in a low voice, laced with that smug, victorious sound. He wouldn't disobey. Gazzy didn't want people knowing about that time. When he did ... er ... something unspeakable.

"Not happeni—" the blond started before he was interrupted by one, rather tall, male voice.

"As humorous as this is, I'm going to be late if you frosh don't move the fuck out of the way." The body connected with the voice was tall, to say the least. White-blonde hair laid flat on top of a very pale face. As my eyes searched lower than the initial crop of hair, I notice two very amused blue eyes staring back at us. Under this gaze I blush like I always do when I meet someone I don't know. I'm not good around people. I noticed too much about them, pointed out too many unsaid secrets. It lead to my tendency to break, hurt, and/or injure them. That's when my Invisibility Law first got initiated.

Gulping past the lump that had formed, I shove Gazzy and say, "Open the door, Gaz."

"No! You open the door, Fang, I don't wanna," he pouted, crosses his arms and huffed, looking in a different direction.

"Fine, ignore my existence. I'll just squeeze by you two lads and open this front door nice and wide for myself and my invisible friend, Peter. Come, come Peter, in we go!" The cursed door was ajar just far enough for me to push my best friend past the other high schooler, myself right behind him.

"Thank you!" I yell as we stumble off towards the auditorium for the introduction. There are several signs plaster on the walls and arrows pointing. Gazzy has the right mind to begin following them. Back and forth, my hair bats against my back. Long hair was annoying but it looked nice and I liked the way it felt in a pony.

I'm sure I'd be seeing more of the blond guy later. I glance back quickly, thinking maybe I'd catch another look. The hall behind us was empty, no signs of him. I try not to sigh too obviously.

Walking into the auditorium a little late, Gazzy and I flit of towards an open bleacher. I end up seated next to a brunette girl and Gazzy sat next to a dark-skinned girl. They seemed annoyed that we sat right in between them, but after seeing that we weren't about to take any prissy girl crap, gave each other a look and left it alone.

"Freshmen students, I would like to welcome you all to Batchelder High School!" yelled a peppy voice. Instantly all the eyes in the auditorium were drawn to the woman on a portable stage. With her were three other people. One was a girl, senior I suppose, who must be the Cheer Captain or a high standing member. Her hair a light blonde and she had a baby doll face. On her right was a tall man, around the age of fifty who must be important. On the Cheering Blonde's left, however, was the guy from before. He was wearing light, ripped up jeans and a long sleeved white tee. His bedhead hair shone white under the florescent. For a moment, I stared at him in disbelief.

Was he a senior?

Seeing that I was gawking at him, he gave me a small wink, causing me to blush and look down.

Crap, he was a senior.

====

Love and fireworks,

unique-goddess