Dɪғғᴇʀᴇɴᴛ Wᴏʀʟᴅs

Start from the beginning

"Sora!" a voice yelled.

Off in his own dreamland, the prince continued to stare down at the farm, a slight smile playing at his lips as he fantasized about what it would be like to meet this farmhand in person...

"Sora!"

If he ever got the courage, he thought about talking to the guy one day. He romanticized their interactions, these visions of his dreams floating in his head.

"Sora!"

This time, with the yell, his door to his large bedroom burst open. The young prince jumped at the sound, not having heard the previous attempts at getting his attention.

As he turned, he saw his mother standing in the doorway.

"Yes?" he asked.

"What were you doing?" she questioned, looking at him skeptically.

He shrugged. "Just looking outside. It's a nice day, the trees are changing," he lied.

She stared at him for a few more seconds before accepting his fib. "Your father and I have to go meet with some other royals. We'll be back later tonight," she informed him.

"Alright. Have fun," he told her, and she disappeared from his doorway.

He looked back out the window, only to see that the figure disappeared. With a sigh, he got up from his seat that was positioned in front of the window, deciding to go to the bottom floor, where there was a library. His newfound boredom ate away at him, and he figured that he could try to find something interesting to read, from the expansive selection of titles his family possessed.

As he was walking downstairs, he heard the large wooden front doors shut with a slight creak, telling him that his parents had left. He made his way downstairs, walking through the silent corridors, only the sound of his footsteps against the red carpeted floors to accompany him.

He made his way through the large door of the library, where there were two floors of tall bookshelves, all lined neatly with various titles, ranging from history to futuristic novels, biographies to fantasy.

He made his way over to the fantasy section, and found one that interested him rather quickly. He didn't even have to slide the ladder over, which was attached to a wooden track in the shelves to prevent it from falling over. He plucked a book right off one of the lower shelves and began reading.

He figured he'd take the book back up to his room. While walking, he was reading his book, not looking where he was going. He knew the route upstairs to his room by heart, anyways. He knew where every obstacle in that house was, every turn, every table and every step.

So, when he was walking to the stairs and bumped right into something, he was surprised.

He stumbled back, falling down, the book that was in his hand landing with a thud beside him. He rubbed his head slightly, as it had run right into something...

"Oh my god, I'm so sorry your highness! Are you okay?"

When Sora looked up, his face became engulfed in blush. Before him was the very young farmer that he had become infatuated with, looking downright terrified that he had knocked over a royal, offering him a hand to help him up.

"I'm okay, don't worry about it," Sora muttered out, his heart hammering in his chest. He couldn't believe he was actually talking with this guy. He was probably more nervous than the young farmer was.

He grabbed the farmer's hand, and he was pulled to his feet.

"What are you doing here?" Sora asked in a confused tone. He was trying to sound as non-condescending as possible, as it was easy for him to come off as a looming presence due to being royalty.