• 𝐭𝐫𝐮𝐞 𝐛𝐥𝐮𝐞•

Start from the beginning

I fought a girl who was trying to take my spot, she kind of looked like a werewolf. I beat her effortlessly and she didn't take it too well, calling me a bitch.

It's whatever. I'm the bitch who's in Cobra Kai, not her.

Hawk was the one who shocked me the most, and the whole day was untrained fighters beating Cobras.

He had a match with a dude and didn't stop when he had won, he just kept punching him.

I wasn't one to criticise, Cobra Kai is all about not stopping until your enemy is defeated. But Hawk didn't stop until his enemy was bloodied and beaten.

It was honestly scary to see that crazed look in his eyes with the matching blood on his knuckles. I couldn't help but wonder if that was how Dahliah saw me.

She was there last night. She saw what Hawk did and how I encouraged him. Demetri deserved what he got, but I felt immediately saddened by the broken look on her face.

The image of her helpless, teary eyed expression makes my heart hurt. I had been thinking about her a lot recently and the more I did, the more I missed her.

Those thoughts left my head as I focused on where I was going. I'm walking to my first shift of work at a sushi restaurant. The place usually gets me good tips, so it's a nice-ish job.

I turned the corner where the sushi place was and saw someone I wasn't expressing sitting on his phone at the table.

Miguel.

I was surprised to say the least. I hadn't seen him since the fight and he didn't look in great shape, considering he was sitting in a wheelchair.

In 24 hours, I had 2 unexpected encounters with people I had been avoiding for nearly 2 months. The universe really was testing me.

"Miguel?" I called out, making him look up from his phone. He looked just as surprised as I did.

"Tory." He replied, not expecting me.

I was hoping he would be happy to see me. He would tell me about how much he regretted what he did and how he loved and cared about me.

"How'd you know I worked here?" I asked.

"I-I didn't. I thought you worked at the roller rink." Miguel replied, making me feel a bit hurt that he hadn't asked about me.

"No, that's at night." I paused before continuing. "I gotta work 2 jobs now. Mum's not doing well."

He looked awkward, not really knowing what to say. It was like he acknowledged that it was a sad and shitty thing, but didn't think about what I was feeling.

"I'm sorry." He said, making me feel a whole cluster of emotions that I had been holding in for weeks.

"No, I'm sorry." I told him as I sat in the empty seat in front of him. "I know that I should've come to see you. I just didn't know how to help."

Miguel looked down at the table. "So you did nothing." He replied grimly.

It made me feel stupid. But nonetheless, he was right. I did do nothing. Not a goddamn thing. So I nodded.