"Hey I'm Will" he said peering up over the counter, barely being able to see Lauren. "I expect you've already met Ally! I'm another one of the head councillors so if you have any questions, by any means come and find me."

"Thanks" Lauren replied. "Ally said I needed to come and get my welcome pack. My names Lauren Jauregui!"

"Right.... erm Lauren, lauren, lauren." he said as he ran his finger down the list of names he had in front of him. "Yep, Lauren Jauregui. Here you are." He put a tick next to Lauren's name. "If you could just sign here to say that your received your pack that would be great." He said as he placed the list in front of Lauren and indicated where she needed to sign. He then pushed himself back on his chair towards a large cardboard box behind him and rummaged through it to find Lauren's pack!

Returning to the counter, he passed Lauren the pack and she pushed the piece of paper back towards him. "Thanks" Lauren exclaimed as she looked intently at the plastic bag that was in her hands.

"You'll be in cabin 13a, and you will have six girls staying in there with you!" Will explained. "There's a list in there that tells you a little bit about each girl, here's the key and here's a map to help you get around for the first few days!"

"Thank you very much" She replied sliding the key into her back pocket.

"Anything else I can help you with today?" he questioned.

"No thanks, I think I'm all good for now" she smiled back. "Thanks again" she said as she grabbed her bag and headed to the door.

"See you at dinner" He said as he raised his hand to wave.

"Yep, see you then" Lauren said continuing to the door holding her hand up in response.

After she stepped back out onto the veranda she stopped and looked down at the map she had been given. She located where her cabin was and began to make her way across the grass into it's direction. When she finally arrived at the cabin she struggled to pull her suitcase up the five steps to the door, getting to the top feeling like she'd reached the summit of Everest. She reached into her back pocket for the key and placed it into the lock. Once unlocked, she swung the door open and headed into what would be her home for the next six weeks.

It wasn't a very big cabin but it was cozy and she kind of liked it. There were three bunk beds placed along the back wall with a set of draws next to each one. Opposite was a single bed which she rolled her suitcase over too and placed it at the end of the bed. She set her back pack down and continued to look around. The toilet was situated in a small room to the side of one of the bunks and in one of the corners was a small kitchen type area with a kettle and a few cupboards. After finding the only edible thing in the cabin were packets of instant coffee, Lauren wandered back over to her things. She unzipped her suitcase and began placing her belongings in the draws beside the bed. Once her suitcase was empty she dragged it over towards a small closet situated in the corner of the room and placed it strategically so it didn't knock over any of the cleaning supplies.

"Hello" said a group of voices on the other side of the door, followed by a knock.

"Hi" Lauren shouted out, shutting the closet door and heading over to welcome the children that were now growing impatient. "Hello everyone" Lauren said as she greeted the six little girls that stood on the porch of the cabin. "Come on in" she continued, waving the girls inside.

"Wow, this is cool" one of the children exclaimed. "I'm cara" she said smiling up at Lauren.

"Hello Cara" Lauren smiled. "I'm Lauren... how are you all?"

"Great" another girl said, as she pulled her small pink suitcase towards her bunk. "I'm penny."

"Hi penny" Lauren said flashing a smile at the younger girl. "Let's get all the names down first" she continued. "So we have Cara and Penny! What are your guy's names?"

"Milly" said a small girl with glasses.

"Ashley"...

"Shannon"... "Shay for short"

"Layla" said the last girl as she climbed up into one of the top bunks.

"Okay, so Cara, Penny, Milly, Ashley, Shannon, no sorry Shay, and Layla" Lauren repeated. All of the girls nodded in response. "Well like I said, I'm Lauren and I'll be your councillor for the next six weeks" she explained smiling at each of the girls. "If you need anything at all, come see me and I'll help you in any way I can, okay?" Lauren questioned.

All the girls nodded in response. "Shotgun" Shay announced as she clambered up the metal ladders to the top bunk on the left hand side of the room. All the other girls gradually chose which of the leftover beds they wanted and began unpacking their things. Lauren helped them put their clothes into their draws and put their shower caddies in the cupboards in the toilet. She pulled her phone out of her back pocket again and checked the time.

"Right girls, it's 5:50! shall we head over to get some dinner? she questioned.

"yes" all the girls responded as they walked over towards the door. "I'm starving" Layla continued.

"Right, keys? check. Phone, check. T-shirt on, check! Let's go!" Lauren said as she opened the door and waved the girls out onto the porch.

Once in the cafeteria, Lauren was greeted by Ally, who first encouraged the younger girls to go grab some food. "They'll sort them selves out with food and choose where to sit." she explained as they both watched them run towards the food counter. "When you've got your food, come over and sit with all of us!" she said as she pointed over to a long table at the far side of the room, with some of the other councillors already sitting at it, including Dinah.

"Okay, great thanks I'll see you in a few" Lauren smiled in response.

Lauren wandered over to the food counter behind the girls. "Right when you've got you're food, sit wherever and I'll come get you later on."

"Okay" they all replied looking up at Lauren as they walked away with their food.

Once Lauren had received her meal, she wakes over towards the table and sat down next to Dinah.

"Lauren, Hey!" Dinah said as she watched Lauren sit down beside her.

"Hey" Lauren replied.

"Did you get settled in okay?" Dinah questioned.

"yeah thanks, What about you?" Lauren asked.

"Yes, thank you. My girls are lovely" she chuckled as she smiled at the girl who was now putting a piece of chicken into her mouth.

Lauren smiled holding her mouth to prevent showing the food she was now chewing. "Mine are too! they're great infact." she informed.

"Good" the other girl replied.

They continued eating their dinner, making small talk between each bite. Once they were all pretty much finished, Ally stood up and headed over to the small stage at the other side of the room.

"Hello everyone!" Ally announced as the whole room grew quiet to listen to the small girls speech. "Welcome to Camp Takota! I hope you've all settled in well, and I'm sure you'll have a great summer! Your allocated cabin councillors are here to help as I'm sure your already all aware and your schedules for your day tomorrow will be up on that cork board over there in the morning." She continued.

The whole room was silent until all of a sudden the main door of the cafeteria swung open and a small girl peeked inside. She raised her hand at the girl on stage who was now looking at her smiling, she then shut the door and lent up against it trying not to disturb ally's speech anymore then she already had.

"Anyway, enjoy the rest of your night and I'll see you all in the morning" Ally finished, making her way off the stage and back towards the councillors table.

Lauren kept her eyes on the girl that had arrived late as she made her way through the other tables towards where she was sat.

"I'm so sorry I'm late" the girl announced to everybody at the table.

"Don't worry about it, your here now Camila!" Will reassured.

A/N - okay so this is my first attempt at anything like this... if you've got this far thanks for reading and please comment if you enjoyed it/want me to continue. Thanks again :)