Questions and answers passed quickly between them, without even a moment of rest. Wei WuXian originally wanted to wait until Lan WangJi was not paying attention and make him blurt out the answer to the last question. Even though he still didn't succeed, he wasn't discouraged at all and continued to switch the topics of their conversation at a quick pace, "I've never been to Yueyang. Before, I've always had other people to inquire about things for me. This time, I'm gonna take a break and you can go ask around. Would you mind, HanGuang-Jun?"

Lan WangJi turned around and got going at once. Wei WuXian immediately interrupted, "Wait. HanGuang-Jun, may I ask where you're going?"

Lan WangJi looked back, "To find the cultivational sect of this area."

Wei WuXian tugged at his sword tassel and dragged him in the opposite direction, "Why would you find them? This is their area; even if they know, they wouldn't tell you. They either couldn't deal with it and hid it so that they didn't lose face, or tried as hard as they could since they didn't want other people to meddle with things. My honorable HanGuang-Jun, it isn't that I want to purposely shame you, but you really can't do without me when handling things outside. If you ask around in such a manner, I'd be surprised if you actually managed to get results."

Although these words were a bit rude, tenderness pooled within Lan WangJi's eyes. Again, he spoke in a low voice, "Mnn."

Wei WuXian laughed, "What did you 'mnn' for? That's not how you should've responded." Meanwhile, in his heart, he commented gleefully, "Mnn" is the only thing he knows to say. He's still so stuffy!

Lan WangJi, "Then, how should I ask?"
Wei WuXian pointed to the side, "Go over there, of course."

He pointed toward a wide street. Bright red banners of all shapes and sizes hung on both sides of the street, fluttering in the wind. Every single shop opened its doors widely, with round, black jars placed from within to outside the entrance. There were also waiters holding trays of small liquor bowls, recommending their shops to the passerby.

The strong scent of liquor drifted throughout the street. No wonder Wei WuXian walked slower and slower. He stopped altogether when they arrived at the next street corner, and even dragged Lan WangJi to a halt.

Wei WuXian put on a serious face, "The waiters here are usually young and hardworking. With so many customers a day and so many mouths spreading gossip, nothing strange going on around the area would escape their ears and eyes."

Lan WangJi replied with a "mnn", but it was written all over his face that "you just want to have a few drinks, don't you?"

Wei WuXian pretended as if he couldn't understand Lan WangJi's expression. Continuing to pull on the other's sword tassel, he stepped into the street of liquor shops with beaming eyes. At once, the waiters from five or six different shops came over, each more enthusiastic than the next, "Would you like a taste? The He family's liquor is well-known all around the area!"

"Young Master, have a taste of this. You don't have to pay. If you enjoyed the liquor, then come to our shop."

"This one doesn't smell strong, but wait until you drink it up!"

"If you can still stand after you finish this, I'll adopt your surname!"

Hearing this, Wei WuXian responded, "Very well!" He took over the liquor bowl that waiter held, drank it up, and showed him the emptied bowl with a grin, "Adopt my surname?"

Surprisingly, the waiter wasn't scared. Sticking his chin up, he looked even more confident, "I meant if you drink a whole jar!"

Wei WuXian, "Then, give me... three jars."
The waiter was more than delighted and rushed back inside the shop. Wei WuXian turned to Lan WangJi, "We're doing business here, aren't we? First we help their business, then we talk about other things. After we pay, it'll be easy to get them talking."