ʚїɞ │Bad Idea Fifty-Two

Start from the beginning

"Are you ever thinking about telling Easton? About you and Mauricio?" Her questions set me back a bit, "There were times I wanted to tell him. But he recently stopped texting me about talking. I don't want to ruin my freedom by letting him know I'm fucking his best friend."

"Well, at least you have some sort of freedom. I broke it off with Elias." She mumbles to me and I widen my eyes at her words.

She sighs, "I told Elias if he didn't start taking me out on dates and treating me better...I'll end it. He agreed to my wishes but when two weeks passed and nothing. So, I ended it last night."

Wow, you don't mess with Josie that's for sure.

"Well, that explains why he's playing so aggressively." I glance to the court where Elias is and see him pushing the opponent back aggressively with the ball in his hands.

Josie shrugs, "He did this to himself. I am more than just a girl who he can call over whenever he feels like it. I'm done playing his games and I sure as hell am more than just some pussy."

Did I ever mention how badass I think my best friend is?

"That's fucking right." We laugh as Khloe and Meliana come to sit next to us.

The seats were filled by the time everyone came out of class so the group was separated into different sections.

"Who's winning?" Khloe asks as she offers us some candy. Josie is quick to say yes and grab some.

"Not us. Lockridge High School seems to be winning."

The opponents make another basket and our side of the stands awe in disappointment.

"Why are they slacking off? Khloe brings her eyes to the court and Josie says, "They're not slacking off. More like Easton got hurt and now they're all nervous without their captain."

Oh, please. Everyone knows Mauricio is a much better player than Easton.

"They don't need Easton to win. They have Mauricio, Mark, and Elias." I tell them and they agree with me.

The game is almost over and everyone in the stands is anxious at the thought of our team losing.

I become anxious myself and I quickly stand up, offering my girls some soda. Josie says she'll come with me and I nod my head.

As we're going down the stairs, I see Mauricio rubs his face once the break is called. I'll make sure to talk to him later about the game. I'm sure he's feeling a lot right now.

We're about to leave the gym when suddenly I hear some yelling and I turn around only to see Mauricio punch a guy in the face. Suddenly a ball of basketball players fighting each other forms in the middle of the court and everyone becomes shocked.

What the hell is going on?