"I do, especially since I know you adored the beach when we were children." He smiled, taking my hand in his and walking us down to the shoreline.

"It looks like you haven't forgotten anything about me." I teased while dipping my feet in the freezing water, deciding to walk out more since the water was shallow enough at this time of night.

He followed and jumped back, letting go of my hand in the process. "Geez, that's cold, how are you just nonchalantly walking around like that?" He narrowed his eyes while keeping his distance as I walked further out.

"I'm used to it. I usually take cold showers." I shrugged while laughing, taking out my phone and shining my flashlight over the water.

"Oh! C'mere." I looked over at his shadow figure and gestured for him to come out into the water as I saw tiny crabs in the water.

He hesitated as he took small steps and shakily inhaled due to the cold water. "Stop being a baby and hurry up." I taunted, making him flip me off as I giggled.

He inched his way over to me and stared down as I pointed to the crabs, making him smile and bend down as he caught something in the sand.

I watched as he dusted the sand off of it in the water before he stood back up and handed it to me. "The first for your shell collection."

I grinned and examined it, putting it in my pocket as we continued to explore the shallow water.

"My feet are completely frozen now." He muttered as he grabbed my arm to pull me back as I was starting to go too far out.

"Don't go too far out, you might get stung by something or eaten by a shark." He smirked, watching the chill bumps appear on my arms.

"Really Rafe, we're not even that far out." I scoffed and did my best not to shiver as the wind blew more heavily.

"Oh so now you're cold, not because of the below-zero water temperature but because of the wind?" He furrowed his eyebrows in confusion as he took off his gray jacket and set it securely over my shoulders.

I hummed and smirked up at him, "That's very kind of you, thank you." I winked at him as he smiled down at me, going along with me as we continued to look for shells.

Sitting in the sand, watching the interaction, Topper and Sarah smirked at each other.

"This is the beginning of their love story. I saw it in her eyes, how the love she had for him when she was eleven has resurfaced after all these years." Topper shook his head in amusement as he bumped his shoulder with Sarah's.

"I'm going to have to agree with you on that, Top. After his brutal breakup a few months ago, I haven't seen him look like this at any girl he's seen since then." Sarah grinned.

The two continued to watch the scene before looking away and acting like they were talking about the stars once Lane and Rafe began walking toward them.

"You better step up your game, Top. Rafe helped me collect all of these shells." I teased my best friend as I pointed to the collection in my pocket.

Topper looked over at me as he had been staring at the sky with Sarah and scoffed. "I saw you two, you better back off Rafe, she's my shell-collecting buddy. Make up your own thing, will you." He playfully huffed and looked towards Rafe.