He suddenly wondered how his life would have been if he hadn't been that Kim Youngjo in that castle, in that time. Who knows, maybe he would have met a beautiful young man named Yeo Hwanwoong in such peaceful circumstances, and they would have fallen in love. They would have been free to show their love to everyone in the daylight. They would have spent their nights making love for as long and as loudly as their passion would have driven them. They would have not been as unlucky as Romeo and Juliet nor as prince Youngjo and prince Hwanwoong.

"Your Majesty?"

The prince abruptly lifted his head towards his bedroom door, recognizing Gunhak's voice.

"Your Majesty are you awake yet? It's about time you should get ready to..."

Youngjo sat on his bed, quickly sniffing and clearing his throat before speaking: "I-I am! Please, Gunhak send my dear court's men to help me with my armor."

"Of course, Your Majesty!" The knight replied before leaving him.

As the prince heard the other's footsteps getting further and further away, he noticed there was a small, white letter, on the same table Hwanwoong and him had confessed their love for each other the previous night. He stood up as if an invisible force had driven his movements and he walked towards it, taking the letter in his hands: it was a letter from Hwanwoong.

***

"I knew you would return by my side, Hwanwoong." The king of the Kingdom of Daisies commented as he was on top of his horse, right beside his son. He turned to look at the prince and he laughed bitterly when he noticed the other wasn't even looking at him, shut in the same silence he had been carrying on since he had come back to his own kingdom.

"Your Highness." Ser Lee called by his side. "Everything is set." He informed, taking a step back.

The king nodded, allowing himself to enjoy the calmness of the nature under the cloudy sky of that day, the roar of a thunder could be suddenly heard somewhere far away above their army. He could already see the great number of red and black flags at the horizon, signaling the arrival of their opponents. He took a breath, confident he was about to succeed. "You don't have to worry, son." He spoke to the prince again. "I will make sure to find the reason of your... doubt, and I will kill him with my personal sword." He focused on his son's reaction at his words but the young man looked deprived of any form of emotion. "I hope you learnt a very important lesson during your mission."

He waited for the prince of Daisies to say anything back to him but, when it became clear the other would have never replied in any way to the king, he lifted his sword up in the sky to catch everyone's attention and let the war begin: "For the Kingdom of Daisies!!" He shouted out loudly.

The knights standing on the front row waved their white and golden flags in the air at the king's cry.

"For the Kingdom of Daisies!!"

***

Hwanwoong had ordered his horse to ride as fast as he could. He had been so fast he had managed to overcome his father's steed and he had been the first one who had reached the army of the Kingdom of Roses. He pulled out his sword and he started fighting his way in between the knights: he had to find prince Youngjo. He needed to find him. He needed to find him before his father could.

At some point, rain had started falling down violently on Hwanwoong, silently caressing the surface of his golden armor and white cloak already soaked in dirt, and blood. It had broken the prince's heart to spot the familiar faces of Dongmyeong, Gunhak and Yonghoon as he was riding in the middle of the battlefield, sincerely hoping they would have not recognized him behind his helmet.