40. Therapy Session 1: What's Your Story?

Start from the beginning

Ram turned on the music system and chose to play "Tuta Pull Wahan" by Deepak Rathore.
The song started playing. Priya had never heard the song before but the humming part in the beginning melted her heart in seconds.

"Nadiyan baarish tujhse hoti thi
Sukhe baadal tu hi bheegoti thi
Wo titli jisne baahein chumi thi
Wo mitti ki gullak jo tooti thi

Kahti phir se tu ghar aaja
Tu ghar aaja mere yaar mere yaar

Tuta hai pull wahan
Tu mere paas aaja mere yaar
Dhundhla sa lage jahaan
Tu aake dhoop ban ja mere yaar"

Tears formed into Priya's eyes as the song elicited how much Ram missed her and he was trying to tell her that through the song.

"Dekha nahin tujhe arso se
Baat nahin ab barsho se
Khoye huye tere charcho se hai kahan"

As she heard those lyrics, she looked at him with tears in her eyes, he turned to her sensing her eyes on him then seeing her tear filled eyes, quickly passed a tissue to her. She began to wipe her tears away with it.

After the song ended, Priya played "Chan Kitthan" by Ayushmann Khurana.

"Kajle ton zyada kaale
Lagde ne ae ujale
Tere bin ove maahiya
Thandiyan hawawan aaiyan
Nindran udaa lai gaiyan
Akh na ae sove maahiya

Teri yaad vich jagdi rahi main taan
Taareyan de sath ve
Chan kitthan ghuzari oye

Ho chan kitthan ghuzari oye raat ve
Sachi dass de ja ae baat ve
Chan dilon zara mehsoos taan kar
Mere naina di barsaat ve
Chan kitthan ghuzari oye
Ho chan kithan ghuzari oye raat ve"

Ram felt like just with those words Priya poured heart out to him, telling him how she felt incomplete without him for the last 5 years.

He lifted his hand from the gear and gently held her hand, intertwining their fingers. Priya turned to look at Ram with pure love for him in her eyes while he gazed at her once then focused on driving again.

Soon they reached the building where the clinic was. They went to the 8th floor according to the instructions. The lift door opened and they entered the main clinic's reception area.
The name "Chasing A Peaceful Life" neon sign in a beautiful font looked very pleasing to the eyes. The hall was full of pictures, articles, quotes on mental health, some live plants which added bright colors to the space.
Priya was scanning the room around her with wonder in her eyes while Ram looked visibly stressed after entering the space. Sensing that Priya held his hand softly.
Priya: Mr. Kapoor it's okay. Why are you stressed?
Ram: I don't know. All of this is freaking me out. How are you so chill?
Priya: The place looks pleasant to me. Aapko kya laga yaha cupcake khilaenge aapko?
This made Ram chuckle.
Ram: Joke tha yeh? Bilkul funny nahi tha.
Priya: Par aap hasse na...
They smiled at each other then went to the reception.
The Reception(with a smile): Welcome. Do you have an appointment?
Ram(clearing his throat): Yes we have an appointment in the names of Ram Kapoor and Priya Kapoor.
The reception nodded and searched in the list of appointments.
The Reception: Yes Sir and Ma'am you have a 3pm appointment with Dr. Tara Mukherjee. It's 2:50pm on the clock now. Please sit there(pointing at the waiting area). You will be informed at the right time.
Ram: Okay. Thank you.
Ram and Priya started walking towards the waiting area while the receptionist looked the couple who had been talked about for a few days on the news, social media, everywhere. She was actually surprised to see them there.

After exactly 10 mins a woman came to them.
The Woman: Ma'am Sir come with me. It's the time for your appointment.
Ram and Priya nodded and followed her. They were walked through a long corridor and the woman stood in front of a door and knocked. After a few seconds, a woman in her mid 30s opened the door with a soft smile on her face. She had very curly hair, brown eyes.
She welcomed them inside the room. Ram and Priya noticed the huge bookshelf on the right wall of the room.
The Woman(Forwarding her hand for a handshake): Hello. I'm Dr. Tara Mukherjee. My pronouns are she/her. Nice to meet you Mr. and Mrs. Kapoor.
Ram and Priya shook hands with her.
Ram and Priya: Nice to meet you too Dr. Mukherjee.
Tara: Call me Tara please. Please take a sit.
Ram and Priya sat down on the couch while Tara sat on the one seater across them with a diary in hand.
Ram looked visibly uncomfortable to Tara.
Tara(pointing to the two glasses of water): Have some water. You would feel better.
Ram swallowed hard and took the glass in hand, pulling out his medicine bottle from his pocket.
Ram: Umm...yeh filtered hai na?
Tara(with a little smile): Yes of course.
Ram: Okay.
Ram was fumbling with the bottle and glass in hand, stressing out. Priya took the bottle in her hand and gave him one pill which the gulped down with some water. Priya then sheepishly smiled at Tara who was watching the couple with utter curiosity, smiling a little.
Ram's eyes then fell on the bowl of chocolates wrapped in colorful wrapping papers that were kept on the coffee table in front of them. He looked at that and then at Tara.
Tara: You can eat them Mr. Kapoor. Dark chocolate hai.
Ram(grabbing two chocolates from the bowl): Thank you.
Tara noticed that he thanked her then his whole focus shifted to the chocolates.
Tara: Mrs. Kapoor please help yourself with the chocolates.
Priya(smiling): No. Thank you.
Ram(munching the chocolate): Yumm...it's Belgian chocolate Priya. Too good.
He looked at Priya and then Tara and realized where he was and what they were doing there.
Ram(keeping the wrappers inside his pocket): I'm sorry.
Tara: It's okay. You don't have to apologize here for liking something. This should be a safe space where you feel free to share everything.
Those words made Ram feel a little relaxed.
Tara: Are you both feeling okay? Shall I start or do you need more time? Both are fine.
Ram and Priya both looked at each other. Ram nodded to her.
Priya: We are fine.
Tara: Okay. So before we start our session I need to inform you that whatever you speak here will be handled with utmost privacy. Nothing you share here will go out to the outside world. Even if I use some any instances of our sessions it'll be done keeping your privacy in mind. So please feel completely free to share everything you want to as that would help you and me to understand each other better.
Ram and Priya nodded.