Bedside Confessions

Start from the beginning

Y/n: "Wait a second, let's not forget what you mentioned before! If you did hire the best of the best it must've cost you a lot of mora! Did you suddenly get rich or did you manipulate Childe again? Either way I have to pay you back!"

Zhongli: "Do not worry about mora right now, besides lady Ningguang and lady Keqing were more than ready to spend above and beyond to guarantee you a successful recovery. So please do express your gratitude the next time you meet." Of course I will! I'm not some deadbeat bard that mooches of anyone he can find!

Y/n: "I will, don't worry. Besides there seems to be something else that's been bothering you, am I right? I've noticed you've been thinking a lot about something lately, you're always deep in thoughts when I get to see you. Perhaps I can be of some assistance to you? Even if you only need someone to listen, as you may have noticed I can't really go anywhere right now, so my attention is 100% on you."

Zhongli: "It seems that you are more observant than you let on, very well let me just...think about how I can go about this the right way."

Y/n: "Relax, you have all the time you need."

Zhongli: " I guess I should start from the beginning shouldn't I." That's where you usually start, yes.

Zhongli: "It is true that I had no mora to my mortal name when we met, however when Osial fell I made a decision. Back then I wandered through the damaged harbour, I watched many peole as they got back up again and I began wondering what such a new start would cost them. The most aparent answer would be mora, correct. So I created a small fortune for me to use, just for extreme emergencies like your injuries. I never told you about that, sorry." Well now I feel bad, did he think I'd be mad that he had money hidden from me?

Y/n: "You don't have to be sorry about that. When I agreed to your blunt request to court me I was not interested in your title, neither was I interested in your financial background. Please never apolegise for something as trivial as spending a bit more money than necessary, especially when you know I would do the exact same for you, please remember this." I told him, my eyes slightly glossy now.

I watched as he silently rose from his chair and walked to my bedside, I expected some variation of a kiss on my forehead and a 'rest now, you need it', instead he sat down by my side, gently taking my right hand into his before giving it a slight kiss.

Zhongli: "I must admit that I made more decisions back then, some of which may impact our future together, however I hope to have you by my side through it all. I only intend to tell you of one more decision right now, if that is alright with you?" How could I refuse, he's acting like some prince charming right now and I don't know how much I can take without exploding in red.

Y/n: "My curiosity wants to know of them all, but I guess I can wait for their individual answers. Please elaborate my dear." At least sometimes I got to cheese back right? See, it got me a slight chuckle and a blush from my boyfriend! Romance.

Zhongli: "Then I shall deliver." Now he seemed a bit more serious as he slowly held my right hand between both of his, all while looking me deep in the eyes.I can't describe it but the look in his eyes made me feel all giddy and warm inside, no it was always there, I only now realise that. This feeling is more than just love for him isn't it, it's something more.

Zhongli: "It was almost a year ago when we met, you had asked me to answer your question in all sincerity, yet I could not. Despite all the knowledge I gathered during my reign as an Archon you managed to ask the one question I could not answer, but now I belief I can." Oh my god he got puppy eyes now! I can't handle this, my heart I..

" Oh my god he got   puppy eyes now! I can't handle this, my heart I

(Look at this!)

Zhongli: " You asked me who I wanted to be, an Archon or a simple consultant, Morax or a simple mortal. My answer is: both. I will be who I need to be to make you happy, rather that may be as Morax who vanquishes your foes or as Zhongli to hug you whenever you want. I wish to be yours and yours only." To my luck he only held my right hand so I could at least hide a part of my blushing face behind it, but little did I know he wasn't finished.

Zhongli: "What I mean to say is, I now understand the Raiden Shogun's desire for eternity, for I desire to be by your side until the end of time, I want to be there for you, for your pain and joy, for every last moment I can." He is not doing what I think he is.... right?!

Y/n: "Zhongli I-"

Zhongli: "Now I ask of you, will you form the highest degree of contracts there is in this world with me?" He is isn't he!?

Y/n: "Are you asking me too-?

Zhongli: "Yes I am. Yun Y/n, I herby ask for your hand in marriage!"

________________________________________________________________________________

A/n

Did I suprise you? :D

(pls say yes I've had to rewrite this chapter a total of 4 times now)

Anyways I hope you enjoyed it, even if it was just one, very long dialogue.

Ps. Too tired to proof read right now