Glimpse of Us: Chapter One

Lisa's POV

"Hi, Ma. How are you?" I asked as I place the basket of flowers on the top of the marbled tombstone. Smiling sadly as I know I cannot hear her answer anymore . There's no "I am okay and happy anak. How are you? How's school?" anymore.

It's been five years since she left me but the pain and longing is still there. I think it will always be there. My mother and I were inseparable since I was a baby. She raised me on her own because my father left even before I was born. I owe her everything I have.

"You are probably dancing and singing up there right now. Having the time of your life." I chuckled as I remember how she used to like those two things. She will dance and sing with me when I was a kid up until I was old enough to realize how silly we looked like. We will dance and sing songs together every night, just to ease up the tiredness we felt, hers from working and mine from studying hard. It became our routine.

"I miss you, Ma. Everyday." I said as I light the candle I brought. "I wish you are still here with me. I wish you can see how happy I am right now. I wish you are still here guiding me with the preparations for my wedding." I can feel my tears starting to form beneath my eyes and that's why I looked up to prevent it from falling. My mother didn't like seeing me like this. She said it pains her to see me cry.

"I wish you met Rosie, Ma. I'm sure you will love her as much as I love her. She's my everything.." I felt the wind blew strongly making me smile. I looked down at her tombstone. I stood up and wiped the liquids that still managed to fall from my eyes.

"I know you are here. I know you are happy for me. I'm getting married in six months, Ma. I am okay now and it's all thanks to you." I told my Mom my good byes before walking back home.

"Good morning, Love." I greeted my dog, as he happily welcome me back home. His tails wiggling as I knelt down and gave him morning kisses. I stood up when I heard footsteps coming from the kitchen.

There I saw the woman I am getting married to. A smile immediately formed on my lips as I hurriedly went to her.

"Good morning, babe." She said and was about to give me a hug but I insisted on kissing her on the lips since I was still wet with sweat.

"You went for a run, hon?" She asked as she grabbed the towel from my shoulders and wiped my face with it. My heart melted at the small gesture. She's always been so caring and kind, not only to me but to everyone around her. One of the many reasons I have fallen in love with her.

"I did and I visited Mom too." I answered making her pout at me. "Hindi na kita ginising because I know how tired you are with the wedding preparations and all." I immediately explained in my defense.

"Even though babe. You should have, you know I wouldn't miss it for anything kahit pagod ako. It's her death anniversary today." She said making ne caress her cheeks. I'm so lucky to have her in my life. She loves me for who I am and I love how she respects my mother.

"Okay, I'm sorry babe. Next time I will. I promise."

"It's okay, I'll just drop by and bring her flowers before I go to the office." She said before planting another kiss on my lips. We are really this clingy even if we've been together for three years now. She then held my hand as walk me back to the dining area where the maids were preparing the food Rosie cooked for us.

"You are going to the office today?" I asked as I pulled a chair for Rosie. She gave me a small thank you.

"I am. Dad called early and asking me to meet him for lunch. I think it's about a new case." She answered before pouring some coffee on my cup. Sobrang maasikaso niya and even if I asked her a thousand times not to because I can do it, she still will. She also placed my favorite sunny side up egg and bacon on my plate. I did the same with her.

"Why didn't he call me instead? Can you still handle another case when you are busy with our wedding babe? I mean I know you are independent and strong but I just I don't want you to tire yourself out." I said making her touch my hand.

"I know babe. I know you are just concern but I can't decline his demands. He's my father and still our boss. Besides, I think I'll recruit a partner with this particular case. It's a friend of him that's involved." She said and I just nodded in understanding. The world of the rich is really different. Connections is a must.

"Okay, just please take good care of yourself and if it ever gets hard, I'll take over the wedding preparations, okay? I know you wouldn't agree because those things aren't my forte, but I'd rather have an ugly venue than you being sick." I told her making her smile sweetly at me.

"Did I ever tell you how much I love you?" She asked.

"Everyday." I answered.

Looking back at my life, I can't help but to be happy at how far I have come. Seven years ago someone broke my heart into millions of pieces to the point that I can't believe in love anymore but then I met Rosie. I met this amazing human being who picked up every piece of my heart and put it back together.