Chapter 2

AN: in this chapter, the kids don't know that Sam and Ember are together but in the other chapters they do. 

It was a beautiful spring day in Pontypandy and the sun was just starting to rise, a perfect day for an early morning stroll. That was exactly what Sam and Ember were doing. Ember had Sam's hand in one of her own and the other was her shoes, she let the waves gently lap against her feet. Ember was watching the gorgeous orange and pink sunrise while Sam couldn't take his eyes off her.

Then out of nowhere Sam pulled her into his arms and gently grasped her chin, tilting her head up. They met in the middle with a soft and loving kiss, Sam slid his arms down and around her waist pulling her in close to his chest. She reached up and wrapped her arms around his neck pulling herself closer to Sam. After a few minutes, they pulled away needing oxygen but stayed wrapped in each other's arms for a while. Until Ember realized how high the sun had gotten. They had been there for twenty minutes "time to go or we will be late" she said pulling Sam back towards town, both were smiling and neither saw Charlie's fishing boat not too far away from the shore.

Charlie was talking to his wife, Bronwyn while the kids were upstairs getting ready for the day "I saw Sam and Ember on the beach this morning, I wish my brother would just pop the question already" Charlie sighed "maybe they just need more time" Bronwyn suggested. The twins who had been eavesdropping, ran into the room "mum, dad can we go play?" Sarah and James asked together their parents nodded and they ran outside.

On the way to meet up with Norman and Mandy, James spoke up "what if we get them together?" He asked "who?" Sarah asked back "Uncle Sam and Ember of course" James answered "oh that's such a good idea, James" Sarah squealed, and then they ran to Dily's shop. When they got there Mandy was already there arguing with Norman "Hey guys come with us we have an idea" Sarah said and the four walked down the street. As they walked Sarah and James told the other two about Sam and Ember. Norman was all for it, he had so many pranks that could help get them together. Mandy wasn't so sure, they shouldn't interfere with their lives but she gave into peer pressure and agreed anyways and the group went off to plan.

It was a little while later and station officer Steele was running a training exercise when the kids snuck up to the fire station to watch Sam and Ember in action. They watched how close the two stood and how they helped each other. "Sam we have someone trapped at the top of the training tower," Ember said seriously "were going to need Jupiter for this one, Penny keeps the bystanders at a safe distance," Sam said pointing to where the kids were hidden before he and Ember ran off to Jupiter and drove around the block and back to the tower. 

Jumping out of Jupiter, Sam called for breathing apparatus, Ember grabbed two passing one to Sam before pulling her own over her face and waiting for Sam's command to enter. Sam rushed passed her with a fire extinguisher "Stay close" he called as the two made their way up the tower. First Sam put out the fire then Ember grabbed Dolly and threw the dummy over her shoulders. They made their way back down and gave Dolly a check over. "Is she ok?" Elvis asked worried, Ember let out a laugh, pulling off her oxygen mask "She's fine Elvis, here you go" she said handing over the dummy.

It was Penny and Elvis's turn and while the firefighters were busy the kids started the plan. They ran up to station officer Steel "Sir, can we borrow fireman Sam and firefighter Ember, please?" The kids asked "I don't see why not" Officer Steele said and the kids split up into two groups. One group went to get Sam and the other went to get Ember without them seeing each other.

Group one was Norman and Mandy and they went to get Ember "Hey Ember can you come on a hike with us?" Mandy asked. "Um, sure I just got off duty, just let me go get my hiking pack," Ember said jogging to do that. She came back without her uniform coat and with her pack. Just after they left the twins walked up to Sam who hadn't heard the last conversation. "Uncle Sam, will you go on a hike with us, please?" James asked "ok, just let me get my bag," he said then they headed off.