1 | Got Married

1 - Roselyne 

"We're getting married."

"Huh? Married?"

I stuttered as he looked deep into me. No expression, no smile. I could only look down and play with my fingers.

In the afternoon, in an already deserted college cafeteria, why was he suddenly discussing marriage? Oh- not even discussing. He asked. Okay, not either. He TOLD me to get married to him.

I didn't understand. He always surprised me with his dictatorial side.

If people said his stare made them nervous and wanted to run away, but not with me. I knew he was warm, even though they thought he was as cold as the Arctic ocean. But if my heart was attached to him, I didn't want another man. Only him.

"I, uh-, alright. I will think about it and talk to my parents-"

"I'm not asking for your approval. I've called your parents and they've agreed. Go home, prepare yourself for the dress fitting tomorrow. I can't drive you home today, so text me when you get home."

What?

What the hell was he talking about ?

I was surprised, stunned to see his figure who just walked away with a black bag hanging on his right shoulder. The man who was now my boyfriend for six months was practically a cold and-mysterious-handsome-dude according to people. Always wore a black outfit from head to toe. Like a sea urchin, dark and sharp. Well, I kind of agree with this one. But just like sea urchins, the inside had so many health benefits and a unique taste.

People didn't know what kind of 'uniqueness' he had. Me neither. He never showed you much. It's just, I believed he's a nice guy. I could feel the quality from within him that wasn't like people think. His cold aura made me comfortable, made me always want to be with him.

Was I weird ? I didn't know.

---

As usual, he wouldn't reply to my chat. Leaving me on read. I threw my tired body on my bed and checked my schedule. My final thesis was approaching its deadline so I got back up and took a shower, getting ready to do my thesis. It's already 11 o'clock at night, but I didn't care. I got enough sleep for 2 to 3 hours.

I needed to graduate this year.

If I wished to be focused tonight, of course not. His voice was still ringing in my ears. Married ? When ? I'd only known him for the past year. He dated me for six months and never even had a proper date.

'We'll go to a coffee shop after class. I want to do my thesis.'

Yeah, that was the only 'date' I'd ever have. While at the coffee shop, he was very serious with his black laptop, ignoring me. He only asked what was necessary like 'if you need something, just say it.'

My chuckles got out of my lips as I remembered what happened next. That was when suddenly some guys I knew in college were there and talked to me. I thought he was focusing on his work, so it would be okay to chat with them. But who would have thought if he stared at my friends, making them panic and go away. Then he looked at me, glanced at the seat next to him.

I moved to his side, the warmth of his body felt so close to me. During this time, I could be alone with him when he drove me home. But of course, silence was the only one there.

And a crazy thing happened. He put his left hand on my thigh. Squeezed them. My crazily beating heart made me stiff for a moment. I glanced at him, but he remained loyal with his signature cold face. But undeniably, I couldn't hold back my smile at that time, considering he didn't touch me that often.