Chapter 2

Basically Childe losing at mariokart from Dilucs pov
if u didn't know from the 39,459 tags this is t4t chiluc
____________________________________

Diluc loves Ajax.

His mop of auburn hair, which stuck up haphazardly on one side, rumpled from his hard sleep. It was overgrown in the back, spiky and uncombed.

His eyes, a deep blue, glowing like the sunlit bottom of a pool.
Eyes that had lit up when he'd noticed them staring.

Framed by thick eyelashes; downturned eyes that crinkled up in the corners when he smiled.

A smile that struck sunlight into the depths of Diluc's overcast heart.
It skipped a beat, thundering in his chest, which Ajax could surely hear, the back of his head resting against their chest.

The scars on his body, a pair of incisions carved along his ribcage, matched Diluc's own.
Thin slices littered the back of his hands. Raised lines on his knuckles, due to Ajax's past uncoordinated use of knives and various sharp objects.

Diluc often found his eyes wandering them, a minor habit of his.
Some more faded than others, Ajax's body was a canvas of clumsy inflictions, speckled by a frustrated artist's hand.
Hues and stripes of pale brown and white; remnants of his past 'sparring' matches.

The freckles on his nose and neck, constellations of faint stars embedded on skin.

They especially loved him now, though he was merely sitting in front of them on the floor, deeply concentrating on the game that flashed across the television screen.

His clothing consisted of one of Diluc's borrowed ironic
cat meme shirts, and a pair of plaid pajama pants.

The bright green of the cat shirt clashed with the subtle red of his trousers.

The shirt was far too tight on him, and the bright pink cat socks on his feet weren't doing anything to help the atrocious outfit.

His shock of ginger hair, and blue eyes, all reflecting the light of the rainbow flashing screen, made him look bizarre, but Diluc's heart still fluttered looking at him.

Ajax often stuck the tip of his tongue out of the corner of his mouth when he was concentrating; his copper brows furrowed as his joystick was borderline demolished by his furious steering.

Diluc held a controller, rotating his wii remote competitively, a determined look on their face.

Every so often, Ajax would look back at them with a smug smile.
The number on his half of the screen glimmered gold, chiming pleasantly when he switched to first place.

After a moment of letting Ajax relish his victory, a smile of pure and demented evil crept onto their face.

Diluc tapped the button on his remote, unleashing a blue shell with a small chuckle.

Immediately, Ajax's remote began vibrating, beeping as the little warning icon appeared on his screen.

"Diluc! You had a blue shell?"
His voice was pitched high with surprise, betrayal evident in his tone.

Diluc burst out laughing, still focused on the screen as they giggled.
Pausing, their voice was still tinted with laughter as they spoke,
"Yeah, I was saving it."

Ajax made a small sound of annoyance, whining and grumbling that the game was rigged in their favour.

Diluc assured him it wasn't, which only sent him further into rage as they pulled in front of his character, still stunned from the shell.

The aggravated sound of button mashing filled the room, mixing with the upbeat Rainbow Road theme on the TV.

"I still can't believe you did that."