chapter thirty-three

Start from the beginning

"Well I'm glad he left." Harry said coldly, "if he hadn't, I wouldn't have done magic and Dumbledore would probably have left me at Privet Drive all summer."

Amy knew she should leave and let the three friends figure this out together. But she too was just as curious as Harry and wanted answer too. She had never been Dumbledores biggest fan and she was glad to see that Harry was beginning to see him for what he was as well.

"Aren't you...aren't you worried about the Ministry of Magic hearing?" Hermione asked quietly.

"No." Harry said confidently, but everyone could tell he was lying. He walked away from them, looking around. "So why's Dumbledore been so keen to keep me in the dark?" Harry asked, still trying hard to keep his voice causal. "Did you - er - bother to ask him at all?"

Amy saw Ron and Hermione exchange glances which she could tell angered Harry even more. So she slightly cleared her throat and spoke up, "well - uh- if it makes you feel any better.." she began, "I know just as much as you - probably less actually, I  mean, I don't even know why I was told to come here..." She said. Harry just looked to her and smiled slightly at her attempt of reassurance.

"We told Dumbledore we wanted to tell you what was going on," Ron said. "We did, mate. But he's really busy now, we've only seen him twice since we came here and he didn't have much time, he just made us swear not to tell you important stuff when we wrote, well he told us not to write at all as he was going to intercept your guys' owls.." he suddenly stopped.

Amy's head suddenly snapped up after hearing the end of that sentence. She saw how Ron looked worried and Hermione was giving him a glare. "What do you mean our owls?" Amy asked him with an attitude.

Ron started scratching the back of his neck while just about whispering a long, "uhhhhhhhhh"

Hermione just shook her head and turned to her, "I'm sorry Amy but he stopped yours and Harry's letters from arriving and sending incase anyone else got a hold of them, it was for safety and -"

"What?" Amy asked now pissed, "so all of my letters are sitting in Dumbledores shitty office?" She asked raising her voice slightly.

Hermione sighed then nodded. Amy was livid. She had been worried sick when she hadn't heard back from her friends and the thought of what could have happened to them kept her up all night. "What if something bad happened and I don't know because some asshole decided that I shouldn't get my letters because of some safety reason?" She asked looking between Ron and Hermione, who looked as though they would rather be anywhere else.  "I'm really sorry Amy we wanted to -" Hermione started but Amy just interrupted her coldly, "forget it." She said as she walked across the room and left, purposely slamming the door behind her.

******

She was now standing out in the landing, looking down to the ground floor. She wasn't allowed in the dining room as there was some meeting taking place between the Order. But right now she didn't even want to be in the same room as them. This whole time she had been deprived of seeing her friends and now her letter had been taken away from her.

She heard shouting coming from the room she had just left and realised that Harry had finally snapped. She was glad that he was having some sort of back bone and sticking up for himself. She though he was up Dumbledores ass but guess not.

After the shouting had died down the door opened and Harry stepped out and stood with her. Ron and Hermione followed silently after and avoided eye contact with the first girl.

Suddenly, there were two loud cracks which started Amy, and Fred and George had materialised out of thin-air and were standing either side of Amy.

"Are you ever going to stop doing that?" Amy asked them.

"Of course not little serpent." Fred replied with a grin.

"You two passed your Apparition tests, then?" Asked Harry.

"With distinction," said Fred, who was holding what looked like a piece of very long, flesh-coloured string.

"It would have taken you thirty seconds to walk up here." Said Ron.

"Time is Galleons, little brother," said Fred. "Anyway, Harry, you're interfering with reception. Extendable Ears," he added as he saw Amy's confused face. He held up the string which Amy could now see was trailing down the stairs. "We're trying to hear what's going on downstairs."

"If mum sees that..." Ron started.

"It's worth the risk, that's a major meeting they're having." Said George.

Suddenly another ginger head joined us. " Oh, hello, Harry!" Said their younger sister, Ginny brightly. She turned to Fred and George, "it's a no-go with the Extendable Ears, there's an Imperturbable Charm on the kitchen door."

Fred heaved a deep sigh. "Shame. I really fancied finding out what old Snape's been up to."

"Snape?!" Amy and Harry said at the same time, "is he here?" Amy asked following  the others who went back into Ron and Harry's room.

"Yeah," said George, carefully closing the door and sitting down on one of the beds; Fred and Ginny followed. "Giving a report. Top secret."

"Git." Said Fred idly.

"Isn't he on our side now?" Amy asked, knowing the answer but wondering what they might say.

Ron snorted, "yeah but doesn't stop him from being a git."

Amy wanted to change the subject, but was saved by the sound of footsteps coming up the stairs.

"Uh oh."
Fred gave the Extendable Ear a hearty tug; there was another loud crack and he and George vanished. Seconds later, Mrs Weasley appeared in the bedroom doorway.  "The meeting's over, you can come down and have dinner now. Everyone's dying to see you Harry."