juniper
this is why we're enemies😠

jongho
Alright alright, but he's gonna
be back soon, so you gotta just

jongho
Actually I don't know

juniper
you are such a help

jongho
😉

"let's get out of here

"let's get out of here." june declared, finally finding her voice after a rather painful evening. jaemin had just returned from the restroom and looked about ready to leave the diner as well.

the two split the check, despite the male wanting to cover the whole meal, and walked side by side around the nighttime streets in silence. it was a peaceful night, a few cars passing by here and there, but not many pedestrians in their way.

"do you want to head back to the dorms?" jaemin finally asked, turning his body toward the girl. his hands were shoved deep in his pockets as he walked beside juniper, who had been playing with her fingers again.

she looked up at his question before glancing forward. honestly, she didn't want to go home just yet. she felt the dinner was a fail and didn't want to end the night on a bad note.

before she could voice her thoughts, a neon blue sign came into view, and june found herself beaming. facing the boy with her abnormally large smile, she said, "you know? let's make one more stop before turning it."

jaemin raised a brow at her expression, but found the corners of his own lips ticking upward. "what do you have in mind?"

"i cannot believe i'm about to spend half my paycheck on snacks."

"believe it. and just think, now you won't have to spend money on these for another year!"

juniper continued prancing around the convenience store as jaemin pushed the cart. yes, cart. they had to upgrade after june started complaining about the baskets being too heavy.

this was the date she wished they'd had. this was how she wanted to spend time with the boy. dinner was too fancy, june felt, for friends who'd only just seen each other naked.

juniper sighed, "your friends are going to be devastated that i beat them at bringing you snacks." she bumped jaemin with her shoulder as she finished speaking, enjoying the carefree grin splayed across the boy's pretty features.

"definitely. we'll have to steal the front desk's label maker and mark all these snacks and drinks."

the girl chuckled. "oh, for sure. if i see miss mari lay a finger on any of our purchases, i'll tell mr. kwon she's the one taking bites out of all his sandwiches."

jaemin couldn't hold back the head-tipping laughter that spilled from him, and juniper found herself laughing along, partially surprised at how hard she managed to make him laugh. the familiar twisted feeling of butterflies returned to her stomach, causing her smile to dwindle for only a second.

for some reason, he noticed.

"you okay?" jaemin managed to calm himself relatively quick after seeing the brief shift in expression, and juniper shrugged him off. "i'm good. just enjoying this... date?"

the word date made the boy tense up momentarily, but his shoulders fell as his smile grew. "yeah. i guess this does definitely beat dinner." he paused, the cart slowing with his sudden change in pace. "let's do this again." jaemin said quietly.

"yeah, dinner was a bit..." juniper stopped herself and shivered dramatically, grinning pridefully when she heard the boy scoff out a short laugh."that was too much for where we're at."

"agreed," jaemin said. together, the pair loaded their items up on the check-out counter.

juniperas it turns out

juniper
as it turns out

juniper
just "talking" can solve problems
you created by overthinking and
blowing things out of proportion

yoshi
oop

soobin
SO THE DATE WENT GOOD???

juniper
dinner not so much

juniper
june and jaem raiding a convenience
store at midnight?
yes

yoshi
well if you and your date are
interested, the boys and i are
doing a short performance down
at thursday's. wanna come?

soobin
i have to study and still don't
really like crowds so...

yoshi
i was talking to/about june
and her date but okay

soobin
-_-

juniper
you can count on it yoshi

yoshi
SWEET

yoshi
i'll ask the boys not
to tease you too bad

juniper
they may not even know it's a date...

yoshi
whatever you sayyyyyy😝

yoshiwhatever you sayyyyyy😝

<3