Happy Birthday, Harry

Start from the beginning

"Harry, sweetheart." Aunt Cissy calls and he blinks out of his thoughts.

"Sorry, Auntie, I got a bit lost in my thoughts." Harry assures her.

They head downstairs and out into the backyard where Harry's friends were gathering. He quickly ran over to Hermione, who was giggling and showing off her new cat. He will admit it's not the prettiest of kitties, but he had a charm to him. Crookshanks is what she called him, his face was flat and squished, his fur was in need of good grooming and he had some old scars and terrible kink in his tail. However, Harry found him oddly familiar, like an old memory itching at the back of his head. Crookshanks seemed to take a shining to him. If Harry and Hermione spent the next hour petting and gently grooming him, that was their business and the part Kneazle will not begrudge them.

Pansy and Daphne had their cats with them and they were talking about tips and tricks on kitty care. Astoria, Daphne's little sister was attending as well and was making fast friends with Luna, the little blonde girl had been sent through by her father. She had told Narcissa that her father sends his best regards and hoped that they will come for tea after the awakening. Narcissa was a bit confused, but what she's learned about her sweet little niece was that she was a very special child. Neville, Blaise and Theo were there as well. Gregory and Vince were there as usual, Gregory at least offered him a cupcake and a soft 'Happy Birthday.'

The Narcissa smiled when Dobby led at least the Weasley Twins out to the back yard, the two redheads held several presents between them and happily called out to Harry. The little Ravenette squealed with delight and ran up to them, hugging them and pulling them over to where the others were playing and chatting. The adults conregated by the snack tables, Narcissa chatting with Lady Zabini and at least Mrs. Goyle.

"I'm so happy you guys could make it! I thought for sure your mother wouldn't allow you to come!" Harry gushes, holding both the twins arms, purring happily.

"Whoa, nice purr, Li'l Kitty!" Fred laughs.

"Indeed, indeed! Dear brother, I believe Harry's turning into a cat!" George laughs in agreement.

"Harry's been purring up a storm." Daphne notes and looks him up and down. She's been extra protective of Harry since the incident. "Then again, he's still pretty petite."

"Harry's very pretty too!" Astoria chirps shyly and Harry quickly goes and hugs her, nuzzling her.

"Super affectionate to boot... Huh?" They all startle seeing a large shadow zoom over head, but by the time they looked up, it was gone. It couldn't have been an airplane, they wouldn't fly so low. Hermione knows that much.

Before anyone could ask or contemplate what it could be, Lucius and Draco came walking out of the house, Draco was noticeably taller and more handsome looking. Hermione blushed hotly, having presented as an Omega not long after she had regained consciousness from being petrified. The others noticed as well, Blaise and Greg quickly backed away from the Omegas and the still unpresented seeing the sudden flash of red in Draco's eyes. But soon he had his arms full of a happy, purring Harry. He chuckles at his godbrother's affectionate greeting and nuzzles him.

"You're back! How was the trip? Did you have fun? Did your family enjoy the visit? Can I go with you next time?" Harry asks in rapid fire excitement.

"Calm down, Harry!" Even Draco's voice was a bit deeper and it had a low purr to it.

"Oh ho, Malfoy's got a nice voice..." Fred chuckles.

"Little new Alpha." George agrees.

"Shut up... And yes, I enjoyed the trip, my aunts and uncles on my dad's side were happy to see me, my cousins were fun to play with, though everyone missed one of my Uncles and cousin. Hopefully next time they would join us. It's very cold up north, I think dad wants to make sure you can handle the cold." Draco laughs softly.