15: Meeting the Fam

Start from the beginning

"I did," I laughed. "It was slathered in cheese sauce, but he ate a ton of it."

"Delicious is delicious," Eric shrugged.

"Mom, we need a dog," Alex said as he played tug of war with Finn.

"Are you going to pick up dog turds?" she asked.

"Fertilizer is good for lawns," Alex replied, making Eric laugh.

"No," she said firmly.

"You're no fun."

"I've been called worse," she shrugged. "Eric, show me around."

"You got it, Fuzz," he smirked, earning him a middle finger from Pam. "Mom used to call her that because of her hair."

"I see," I chuckled. "Pam, would you like something to drink? Alex, you?"

"Oooh, Eric, she has manners," Pam grinned.

"Got Mountain Dew?" Alex asked hopefully.

"Nope." That had way too much sugar, and caffeine for my taste. "You're stuck with apple juice, orange juice, water, milk, chocolate milk and Coke zero."

Alex was definitely disappointed.

"Coke Zero," he sighed.

"He doesn't get Mountain Dew at home either," Pam said. "I'll take some water please."

I nodded and went into the kitchen to get Pam some water and the Coke Zero for Alex. As soon as I left the room Finn jumped up to follow me, making Alex and Sawyer follow along too.

"Want it in a glass or is the can good enough?" I asked Alex. Eric and Pam were on the tour already.

"The can's fine."

I cracked it open and handed it to him. It was strange seeing such a giant child. I immediately started to wonder if Eric and I had kids if they would be bigger than me. Most likely.

"Do you want to see the house too?" I asked him.

"Sure," he shrugged. "Do you live with Eric?"

"No, we haven't gotten that far yet," I answered. Although we might as well have been. Since we brought home the dogs we've spent every night together. He was going to have to give me a key when he went to Texas since my apartment really wasn't big enough for two dogs. I motioned for Alex to follow me. The place wasn't that big there was a small hallway. Eric and Pam were probably at the first bathroom.

"Are you going to marry him?"

"I don't know. I like him a lot, but I'm not sure yet," I said. I wasn't put off by the idea. We already had dogs together, that was a big step.

"You know you're the only girlfriend my mom met on purpose?"

I did not know that. It made feel pretty good, if I was being honest.

"Nope, Eric didn't tell me that," I replied. "All he's told me is that she would like me."

Alex didn't reply, he just looked around. We caught up to Pam and Eric. I handed her her water right before Eric pulled me over into a small side hug.

"Thanks," Pam said. "I'll have to get your number so I can call you randomly with embarrassing Eric stories."

"I would appreciate that," I laughed.

"Uh oh. Mom wants to tell you stories," Alex said with a roll of his eyes.

"Hush it, or I'll be telling stories about you and the Victoria Secret catalog," Pam replied, flicking his ear.