012. Stupid realizations

Începe de la început

James walked up to the railing beside her. He enfolded her in his arms and stroked her hair before they pulled away. He put his hand on top of her which was wrapped around the iron railing. It was comforting.

"I'm sorry for wasting your time. Maybe I just needed..."

His eyes searched hers as his thumb swept in a gentle rhythm against her skin. "A nap?" He teased softly, "A romance book? To make fun of Sirius?"

She laughed softly. "How do you do that?"

"Do what?" His eyebrows furrowed.

"Always manage to make me laugh,"

The corner of his mouth quirked. "It's a gift," She rolled her eyes ignoring the smile playing on her lips.

And then, that moment was interrupted. Not by one of them tearing their gaze away, or saying something, but by an irritating noise. They broke apart like that, springing back into themselves when they heard a growl. That stupid cat, Mrs. Norris. James grabbed Eva's hand and guided them to a darkened space in the scattered-lit Astronomy Tower before she could even register what was happening.

"Fuck! What are we gonna do?" Eva whispered. She turned to look at James, both of them hidden between some telescopes.

"Shh!" James shushed while looking into the bag he grabbed from the floor. This wasn't the first time in the past weeks of them both being nearly caught. There have been other times when they woke a portrait, or when they heard receding footsteps nearing the Tower however the footsteps always disappeared resulting in them not getting caught.

James fished out of his bag a thick, silky cloak, and draped it over the two. "What are you-"

"Shut up!" James whisper-yelled. Eva rolled her eyes as filch's voice scratched their eardrums.

"Who's there? Reveal yourself!"

A sharp, low gasp escaped Eva when James slid his arm around her waist and pulled her towards him so that her chest pressed flush against his. Being this close to James sparked spiraling thoughts in Eva's head. It was a tense moment, but it also seemed to be another moment where they just... looked into each other. Her breath is harsh and rapid. His face was inches away from Eva's while he tried to give the faintest trace of a smile. His chest was solid and a musky scent of aftershave emanated from him, one that Eva could not ignore no matter how much she tried to. She stared into those eyes, those beautiful hazel eyes that she always got lost in, she seemed to forget the risk they were both at, with the sensational feeling of his arm wrapped securely around her waist.

Eva inhaled sharply. As she watched filch turned towards them. She shut her eyes as she waited for his horrid voice to call them out but it never did. She opened her eyes to take a peak and saw filch turned around and start walking away, Mrs. Norris following him.

"What just happened?" She turned to James.

He sighed. "It's an invisibility cloak,"

She furrowed her eyebrows as her mouth slowly started to part.

"You have one of those!" The girl still whispered, excitement taking over her. James laughed as he nodded, his chaotic hair falling into his face.