ʚїɞ │Bad Idea Forty-Nine

Start from the beginning

"I thought we were just friends?" He smirks at me and I playfully smack him on the chest. It brings out a laugh from him and a playful eye roll from me.

Asshole.

We hear a groan beside us and I glance over my shoulder to see Mark pretending to vomit.

Dramatic ass.

"I seriously can't stand this lovey-dovey shit. What's next the mistletoe?" He raises an eyebrow at us and we flick him off.

"Alright, kids, the food has been set on the table. Let's all sit down and not starve." My dad comes back into the living room with the mashed potatoes he had to remake since he burned the ones before those.

Vikki and I offered to remake them but he insisted on making something since she and I had done everything else. Lilybeth did the desserts and helped us a little too once she finished.

We all head to the dining table that's placed in the living room and sit down. The food is prepared and ready to grab ahold of.

"First, thank you to everyone who's here. You're all going to certainly make this year's Christmas memorable. Mark, you've been celebrating Christmas with us since you turned ten, and Mauricio this is your first Christmas with us...it's too late to back out now. You're stuck with us forever."

Mauricio laughs next to me and I squeeze his hand.

I love seeing his smile and hearing his laugh. It makes me so happy and just knowing he's having a good time is enough. I'd never seen this side of him until we started sleeping together and it's one of the most beautiful things to witness.

He's truly an angel sent from heaven.

"Let's eat!" Lilybeth is the first to grab food and everyone follows after.

We go around the table, telling each other stories of when we were younger. Mauricio tells the story of when Angelina would hit Reuben and cry as if he had done it to her. Vikki ends up saying how I would do the same with her.

Angelina and I clink out cups together and laugh.

"And what about you Mauricio?" Vikki asks, "How were you as a kid?"

The devilish smirk of his takes over and he leans back onto his chair, "I was the most handsome little boy you'd ever meet."

Cocky asshole.

I rolled my eyes and said, "Please, you were probably an angry little boy always stomping around as if he was the king."

He looks over at me and shrugs, "That too."

Asshole.

"You were the same way, Sarai. Acting like a princess all the time and demanding everything went your way. You were an interesting child to raise." My dad practically defends Mauricio and I cross my arms over my chest.

He wasn't supposed to bring that up.

"So, she hasn't changed?" Mauricio asks next to me and I gape at him before flicking him off.

He leans towards me and laughs, "I'm at your service, princess."

Lilybeth groans in front of us, "Please, keep the romance stuff away from the table. I'm eating." Then Vikki says, "It's cute. Besides one day you're going to be in a relationship and like it."