They remember...?

characters: Eret, Foolish, Puffy, Sam

Foolish felt himself becoming sluggish by the second. His arms had lost their golden glow days before and his muscles had weakened. Every time he looked in a mirror, he looked more and more human; more like he had before he and Eret had to deal with the Wither Cult. Brown hair, brown eyes, and tan skin, with scars littered here and there. Eventually, he decided that he had to go find someone who could heal him. Despite the fact that he would have normally been too proud to, he knew that somehow, he was no longer immortal, at least for the time being.

By the time he arrived at Eret's castle, Foolish had nearly collapsed atop his horse ten separate times from exhaustion. When he arrived, he managed to push the large doors of Eret's palace open, just enough for him to slip inside. He found Eret, Puffy, and Sam sitting at a small table, each with a cup of tea, in the middle of a casual conversation. Without question, Sam pulled his trident from his inventory and threw it at Foolish, giving the now-human just enough time to dodge it sluggishly.

"Whoa! Chill out!"

"Who are you?" Sam growled.

"I- It's me, Foolish!"

"You're not my son," Puffy remarked.

"Wh- Yes, I am! I just somehow... turned human?"

"Alright, then, if you're really Foolish, summon lightning," Eret commanded sharply.

"Yeah, sure. I got you." He concentrated, feeling the power of the riptide flooding through him. He held his hand in the air, and...

BAM!!

A bolt of lightning struck him where he stood. Foolish smiled at his friends, suddenly lightheaded.

"Okay, so it's really you," Eret gawked. "Hey, are you okay?"

Foolish swayed from side to side before embracing the sleepy feeling that crept up on him.

When he awoke again, Eret and Puffy both sat in chairs at Eret's bedside. Eret's head rested on Puffy's shoulder and she cradled them as they cried.

"I don't know how I forgot all of it. I should be able to remember, Puffy!"

"It's okay, Eret. He'll understand, I promise, and he won't be mad about it at all."

"Mad about what?" Foolish sat up with his head in his hands, trying to fight off both a headache and a head rush at the same time.

"Totem! You're okay!" Eret hugged him carefully as Foolish's eyes widened in shock.

"You- You called me Totem."

"Of course I did, you're my Totem, and I'm your-"

"My Wither. Prime, Eret, you remember!" He lifted them into the bed and cradled them against his chest.

"I do." She wrapped her arms around his neck and cuddled closer to him. Puffy left the room wordlessly, giving the friends much-needed time together.

"Hello again, Wither, how I've missed you."

"Hello to you too, Totem."

They drifted off to sleep shortly afterward.

END.

| word count: 477. hehehe enjoy fluff before the angst sets in. Remember to drink water and eat properly. Best wishes, Stormy. |