You couldn't tell if Crowley was actually believing this, or if he was just going along with it until he could coax something out of Leona, or, as he moved forward along the hall, find you in your hiding spot. Did he know you were here? He must have some idea, right. Had he even connected the 'transfer student' with the one that had run away the day before?

"I'll talk to 'em about it," Leona muttered.

"What's in this room?" Crowley asked.

"It's storage."

"You know you aren't supposed to be using the empty dorm rooms like that, right?"

"I don't see that in the school rules."

Crowley hummed in dissatisfaction, and it sounded like they entered the room. That wasn't good. He really was looking for you, then. He must be. You crept a little farther from the door, waiting until you could hear them again.

"Now, about the incident in my office," you heard him continue a few seconds later. "I heard they were trying to steal something." There was no sound of confirmation or denial from Leona, but Crowley kept going anyway. "That's not very good," he cooed, "I can't have students robbing from teachers whenever they'd like. And, what did they try to steal, anyway? I don't think Professor Trein informed me."

"It was one of your bird stick things."

"Ah. The old broken one? Now why would anyone want that, I wonder."

"It was just some sorta dare," Leona said passively. They were getting closer now. If you had to guess, they had just passed by the common room. They were only a few doors away from the end of the hall. You heard Crowley opening cupboards in the dorm's partial kitchen.

"You don't have a lot of food in here," he commented.

"Ruggie eats most of it."

"Hm. So, you say you already talked to the student in question about the thievery."

"I have. I made 'em run fifty laps 'round the spelldrive ring, and swear not to cause any more trouble."

"I see. I wonder if that's enough?" You heard them approach the door to Leona's room now, and you instinctively tightened your hands around Leona's pen, which was still wrapped beneath your fingers. "May I?" Crowley asked. You heard Leona exhale a response.

The door was opened. You had backed as far into the bathroom as you could, any farther and you would be inside of the tub. You thought maybe you should have gotten in it and closed the curtains or something, but it was too late now, since it would make too much noise.

"Well, I can hardly convince myself to add another punishment onto someone, after their housewarden's already done it," the headmage croned, sounding closer than ever. "I'm just too kind for something like that." You heard him turn and walk around the room, and he added, "You don't keep much of your school work here, do you?"

"Why would I?" came Leona's characteristic response.

Crowley sighed. You thought maybe he was ready to leave, but that thought turned on its head when he walked back to the other side of the room, standing just outside the bathroom door. Oh no. Oh no. You could see his hand on the doorknob through the crack. He didn't even have to turn it to push it open. This is it. You didn't dare to breath.

Crowley pushed open the door and looked inside. His eyes flitted around the room. They didn't stop on you though. "Not much to see in here," he said.

Wait. What?

Crowley stepped out of the room as quickly as he'd entered. You gawked at the empty space. You didn't move from that spot. Not much to see? Was he joking?

"Well, Savanaclaw's as much of a mess as it always has been, Leona. I'm sure you already know that you'll need those rooms cleared up by the end of the school year."

Leona made a noise of annoyance. "Fine."

"That'll be it then. Sorry for interrupting your class schedule for this, but it really seemed like two birds with one stone to do the dorm check-up now."

"Sure."

"Ah! I guess I have to go now. Good luck with your spell drive practice, or whatever you guys do!"

You took a few breaths and ascertained that Crowley was gone. After you were sure he couldn't be waiting to pop his head back into the room, you walked out of the bathroom. Leona was looking from side to side, and he walked past you to stick his head into the bathroom.

"He's gone now," he said. You thought he sounded a little bit concerned. "You don't have to keep the spell up."

You looked down at yourself. You didn't see yourself, though. Where your arms and legs and everything else should have been, there was nothing. "L-leona?" You suddenly understood. You had disappeared. Become invisible. You were still invisible. And... "I don't know how to undo it."

Leona's ears went up as he turned toward your voice. His face went through a variety of emotions before he said, "You don't know how to undo a self-imposed charm spell?"

You shook your head, realized he couldn't see you, and said, aloud, "...No."

"A child could do that," he said. "How is it possible that you can do a spell, but not know how to fix it?"

You felt your arms start to shake. "I don't even know how I did it!" you said. "I don't know how to do magic! I can't do magic."

"Well, clearly you can," Leona said.

You felt tears welling up in your eyes. What was this? "I'm not..."

Leona stilled. "Y/N?"

"How... How do I come back?"

"Just, calm down," he said. His face was scrunched up in a way you hadn't seen yet. He looked troubled. "Here, hand me the wand."

"The what?" you sniffled, trying to hold back any tears from falling.

"My pen," he explained. "I can undo the spell for you."

You looked down at the fountain pen that you couldn't quite see. You could still feel it in your hands, even though you had forgotten about it being there. Leona reached out his hand and you handed it to him. When you drew your fingers away the pen appeared in his hand, like it had just come into being out of nowhere.

Leona was quick to undo the spell. You felt it lifting from you, like a shift in the atmosphere around you. You bit your lip, staring at Leona.

You couldn't deny it anymore. You were a witch.