Chapter Thirteen

Rafe- Of course

Paige- Promise me that you won't do anything bad while i'm gone, i won't be gone long and you can call me whenever you need me.

Rafe- I can try paige.

Paige- I just wanna go and not worry but i know it's gonna be killing me the whole time.

Rafe- It's okay, i want you to go and have fun and not worry about me.

Paige- Okay, i'm gonna go talk to weezie

Rafe- Okay i'm gonna lay down, i have a headache

paige- Do you need medicine?

Rafe- Id rather not take any.

Paige- Oh.. Okay i'll be right back

I walk out of his room and walk down the hall to weezie's room.

Paige- Hey, weezie?

Weezie- Hey paige! I haven't seen you in forever!

She runs up to me and gives me the biggest hug.

Paige- Ik i've missed you!

Weezie- So what are you doing here?

Paige- oh i just came to see your brother for a little bit before this weekend.

Weezie- What are you doing this weekend?

Paige- me and your sister are going to the beach house and staying there.

Weezie- Oh sounds like fun

Paige- What are you doing this weekend?

weezie- Dad said we could go out on the boat friday and then saturday me and rose are going to her school reunion. I don't really wanna go but she doesn't want to go alone.

Paige- awwh that's sweet of you to go with her.

Weezie- Yeah i guess so

Paige- well i'm gonna go back to rafes room, I love you!

Weezie- Bye i love you too paige!

I walk back to rafes room to find him asleep on his bed. I go and lay down beside him and Soon fall asleep also.

I wake up to him going through his drawers throwing everything out, his room is a mess.

Paige- rafe what are you looking for?

Rafe- I need medicine paige. I cant deal with this headache. I feel like me head is about to explode.

Paige- I can go get you some tylenol rafe just sit down.

Rafe- No that won't help me paige.

He pulls out a bottle of pills and pours them out on his dresser and takes a handful of them.

Paige- Are you serious rafe? I'm literally here for you and you said you would try to stop. You told me you got rid of all of them.

Rafe- Paige look. I kept some for emergency. I'm sorry but i had to take some.

Paige- You are letting them control your life and it's getting ridiculous. You have to get help because i gave you a chance to stop yourself and it clearly isn't working.

Rafe- It's not that easy paige, you have no idea, Trust me.

Paige- I know i don't know what it's like but i need you to understand one thing. And listen to me right now. I love you so much and i can't see you act like this. I want you to get the help you need and soon. You could die one day because of this and i wouldn't be able to live with myself.

He starts sweating like crazy and sits down on the bed and starts to cry.

Paige- No need to cry i'm just telling you babe.

Rafe- I'm sorry. I don't know why you even deal with me at this point. I'm terrible and i can't help it.

Paige- Don't say that rafe. I'm here to help you and i want you to know i will always be here for you.

Rafe- I know that you are but it's my fault i keep messing up. I don't want you to waste ur life stuck on me and have to deal with my problems.

Paige- Just go back to sleep and we can talk about this more tomorrow. Tomorrow is my last day before i have to leave, we can spend every single second of it together.

Rafe- Okay, I love you paige

Paige- I love you too.

We lay down and soon after he falls asleep but i lay there just thinking about all the bad things that could happen to him while i'm gone. It makes me terrified to leave.