LAST CHAPTER: Castle Gorge, Losing

Start from the beginning

By the time Gusion reached Castle Gorge, there was already bloodshed.

Guards were fighting hard to fend off the army of trolls and ogres that kept coming.

Occupants of Castle Gorge, both noble and servants alike were fleeing the place as a fire had started on one of the towers.

His eyes scanned the wrecked place.

Guinevere wasn't in sight.

He heard sinister laughter instead.

He followed the sound.

It was coming from one of the higher balconies, its base burning but hadn't reached its part yet.

He recognized that evil laughter anywhere.

"Alice." He snarled and leaped towards its direction.

Gusion froze the moment he saw the scene.

Not because Alice was using her blood circle to drain her victim out of strength.

But because of who was her victim.

"Lancelot." He muttered in disbelief.

Lancelot looked nothing familiar.

The sky was getting crimson dark, as if it was mirroring the bloodshed it was seeing.

But Lancelot's skin stood out against its shade. He was awfully pale. Deathly pale. As if all the blood had been drained from his veins.

His blonde hair were let loose, some of it stuck the sides of his face with some dried up blood.

But what surprised Gusion the most wasn't even the monstrous expression he had on his handsome face, but the glowing crimson eyes and the set of fangs that had bared through his lips.

"Came to see what I've been breeding for the past months?" Alice asked in a pleased tone.

"What did you do?" Gusion snarled.

"Uh-uh. I should correct that. What did that Damphir do?"

Gusion frowned, confused, until the puzzle pieces came together.

"Alucard?"

"You just didn't know what kind of monsters you've been keeping close. Such a waste of potential."

"He's not a monster!"

"He is a descendant of a pureblood vampire! The most ruthless vampire to have around."

Gusion gritted his teeth. How could such a situation come at a bad time!

He glanced at Lancelot.

Guinevere was already unstable as it was.

If she would see her brother like this, she would be...

"GUSION!"

He looked up to see Hanabi and his entire venom squad leaping down towards them.

"What are you doing here?!" He asked, though he felt relieved having such reliable people around him.

"We came as soon as we heard this woman leaving Zen City." Hanabi answered and looked around.

"Is that...Lancelot?" Harley asked.

"He's a vampire?" Angela added.

"Fascinating." Alice chimed. "The more people there is, the stronger I get."

She gracefully threw an orb towards them and then vanished.

The next second, she was already dancing with her blood circle around the venom squad, who got stunned for a bit and soon grunted as they got their life force sucked out of them.