36. The Shocking Truth

Magsimula sa umpisa

Ishaan started crying heavily holding head in his hands.
Ram: Sara di stop! No more please.
Sara looked at Ram utterly shocked.
Sara: Ram! Why are you stopping me? He needs to understand what he did!
Ram: He knows what he did. He confessed to me. Mujhe pata tha pehle se but he came to confess in my office the day Priya, Pihu and Brinda went to Goa. He's not well Sara di. He wants his redemption. He feels extremely guilty and he didn't want to hurt or kill Shivi. Shivi ne bhi Priya ko push kiya tha! She could've gotten hurt or worse! They are all very impulsive Sara di! Shivi bhi! Priya ne blame apne sar le liya! Kya tha woh! Aage peeche ka kuch nahi socha usne! Kuch ho jata usse aur Pihu ko toh! I'm angry and disappointed with Ishaan! Very much! But no more please! He's going for therapy for almost an year now. I'm angry with him but he's struggling too like us all. The guilt is eating him inside. And he wants to receive his punishment. So stop now. He wanted to tell the truth then but Priya stopped him from saying. She didn't think about the consequences of her lie.

Sara looked at Ishaan who looked messed up and closed her eyes in immense pain.
Then she looked at Priya angrily.
Sara: Dil kar raha hai kass ke thappad laga doon tujhe! Kya sochke yeh kiya Priya? Ishaan ko uski punishment milni chahiye thi.
Priya(sniffling, in a low voice): I'm sorry. Main sirf chahti thi Ishaan ka future bach jaye.
Sara: Aur Ram ka aur tere rishte ka kya? Kya socha ke tu jail chali jayegi Ishaan bach jayega phir ek family tarah sab sath rahoge? (Loudly) Socha kya tha poonch rahi hoon tujhse main Priya!
Priya: I didn't know. I didn't know. Kuch nahi socha maine. So many things happened one after another. Main kuch nahi sambhal paayi. Mujhse bohot badi galti ho gayi.
Sara: Tu agar yeh na karti Nandini Kapoor tujhe kabhi blackmail nahi kar pati!
Akki: What are you guys talking about? Blackmail and all?
Ram sighed deeply then started telling what happened after Priya got to know about her pregnancy, how she tried to tell him but couldn't, then Nandini came threatened her and blackmailed her to lie about their child, then he went to jail to meet her, the paternity test, how she came between them again and he left.
Then how 5 years later when Priya came back to Mumbai they wanted Priya and Pihu dead, and how Ram got to know about it, and how they're in jail now.
Akki was speechless.
Akki: Priya di ne kaha aur apne maan lia?
Ram(looking at the floor): Akki I...
He couldn't say anything.
Akki: Of course you did. Who am I kidding? You didn't let me say goodbye to my Shivi. Aapse air ummeed bhi kya kar sakta hoon!
Ram(folding his hands to Akki): Akki I'm sorry. What I did was unforgivable. I shouldn't have done that. I'm sorry. I'm sorry.
Akki(loudly): Your apologies would never give me back the chance to say goodbye to her. Mujhe dekhne tak nahi dia. Aapko koi haq nahi tha mujhse mera haq chinne ka. Ha apne uss din apni bachhi khoyi par Shivi sirf apke liye special nahi thi! Sab ke liye thi. Property nahi thi woh kisi ki! Sab ko haq tha usse akhri baar ke liye dekhne ka. Maine uss din apna pyaar khoya. Kisine apni beti khoyi, kisine behen! Everything is not about you! I feel like a failure because I couldn't stand up against you that day. I didn't have the power. Meri Shivi chali gayi hamesha hamesha ke liye! Chali gayi.
Ram and Akki both started crying.
Akki: I wanted an investigation for her death. I tried meeting you multiple times. But you didn't meet me. I tried meeting Priya di in jail but she refused to meet me. Even I thought she didn't do it but when she didn't meet me I thought maybe unse hi galti se ho gaya. (Looking at Priya) Par itna bada jhooth! Didn't my Shivi deserve justice? Didn't we deserve to know who did it? Pyaar karti thi na aap apni behen jaisa Shivi ko? Phir kyun jhooth bola aapne? Meri Shivi yeh deserve nahi karti. You didn't love her. (Looking at Ram) Aur aap! Aapki toh bachhi thi na? Aapko toh laga bhi tha ke Priya di ne Shivi ko push nahi kiya! Toh phir kyun nahi kia investigation! Main kuch nahi kar paya! I didn't have the power to fight for my Shivi. I failed her. I failed her. Yeh pyaar karte hain aap dono usse? Priya di Shivi is gone! Forever! Didn't she deserve justice? Aapne toh Ram Jiju ka hath chod dia jab unhe aapki zaroorat thi. Aur Ram Jiju aap ne na Shivi ke liye fight kia na Priya di ke liye na apne bachhe ke liye! Itna blindly trust kaise kar sakte the! Ek baar bhi aap ko laga nahi ek jo sab hua woh jhooth bhi so sakta tha. Neither did I had money nor contacts but you had everything! Still you chose not to fight for Shivi. You reopened the case for your dad! Didn't Shivi also deserved justice? Yeh pyaar karte hain aap dono Shivi se?
Priya: I'm sorry Akki! I didn't know what was right, what was wrong.
Akki: Pata nahi tha toh kuch karna bhi chahiye tha! Maine aapko hamesha sab se uper rakkha Priya di! Sab se uper! Mujhe lagta tha meri Priya didi kabhi kuch galat kar hi nahi sakti hai! Par apne mujhe bohot bada dhokha dia!
Meri koi galti nahi thi. Phir bhi mujhse mera haq chin lia aapne Ram jiju! Kyun? Shivi kya sirf aapki behen ya bachhi thi? Mera kuch rishta nahi tha? I lost Shivi, I lost the chance to say the last goodbye. Bohot kuch kehna tha usse, kuch nahi keh paya. Can you give me that back? Can you? Maine aapna sab kuch kho dia. Aapne kho kar bhi sab kuch aapko wapas mil gaya. You have family of your own. I've nothing. I lost everything. I lost the chance to say I love you to her, I lost the chance of growing old with her, I lost the chance to be a father of our child, I lost everything! Shivi ke saath hamare sapne, hamara future sab kuch chala gaya. I'm alone now. Kuch nahi hai mera. I'm living like a dead man. I will never forgive you for this! Never!
Priya: Akki I'm sorry. I know my apologies can't bring back Shivi.
Akki: Kisse sorry bol rahi ho aap? You didn't even choose your own child's life. You had the chance to tell the truth after you got to know about your pregnancy! You could've told the police that you're innocent. Tab bhi kuch badla nahi tha. You could've easily done that. Kya socha aapne ke Jiju ko bolengi, woh aapki bail karayenge. Aapko bhi jail nahi jana padega aur Ishaan ko bhi punishment se durr rakh payengi! Aisa socha tha kya?
Ram was shocked at Akki's question. He looked at Priya for answers but her face clearly told him that she thought of nothing. She was already in too much trauma for her to handle.
Priya(shook her head): Nahi maine aisa kuch nahi socha. I was really happy to know that I was pregnant and I wanted Mr. Kapoor to know that he's gonna be a father. Maine socha tha main 2 years jail mein reh lungi toh Ishaan bach jayega. I know how it feels when people around you taunt you, bad mouth you, abuse you and I didn't want that kind of a life for him. I know how it feels like when people blame you for your father's crime then again he made a huge mistake.
But I failed. He's not okay. My sacrifice couldn't save him. I didn't know how the effect would be in long term. (Looking at Ram with tearful eyes) Mr. Kapoor believe me. I didn't think like this. I was thinking how to tell you. I told Brinda but she refused to tell you to meet me once. I was trying to contact you because I wanted you to know that we're going to be parents. But then she came and threatened me and I was frightened for our child. I didn't know what to do. I didn't know.
I'm sorry I know that I made a mistake by hiding the truth. I should've told you all the truth. Maine Shivi ke saath galat kia, Mr. Kapoor ke saath galat kia, tere saath galat kia Akki! And I feel immensely guilty for that. I'm sorry.
Ram: I know Priya. I know you were heavily traumatized. I know.