"Would you like some curry, Khun'Vegas?" one teacher asked.

"No." He was too quick to decline for his comfort. "I mean. Maybe, later."

"Alright."

Vegas is then led to a seat among the teachers and other sponsors. Thankun should be here. He's the one who thought of this charity event. This was Thankun's ode to his dear Pete's 7th death anniversary.

Pete died amid the major and minor family war. It was so unfortunate to lose him to his own comrades' bomb. He was burned and got buried under rubble. Thankun held a funeral ceremony for almost a month. He spent all those days weeping and he still had more when Pete was lowered to the ground. If Khun'Korn wasn't successful in convincing Thankun to let Pete rest. The older must have held the ceremony much longer. As Thankun still cries on his knees whenever he visits Pete's shrine on the main clan property.

Vegas visits this shrine sometimes. He doesn't pray or do merit for Pete. He'd just stand outside and stare at the picture placed there. Wondering, what his life would have led to if Pete stayed by his side. But the male didn't, not to him or to anyone. Years had passed and he is gone. Moving on was the only path they were given. But Vegas is still in that room. The clanking of the chains is still in his ears. And the warmth of that night he can't forget.

Vegas admit he was a little distracted to even acknowledge what was happening in front of him. There's a small podium at the end of the hall. Decorated with paper flowers and some balloons. Children are dancing. And a piece of traditional music came in tune. One of the performing students caught Vegas' eyes. A little girl in a miniature lakhon outfit. Her smile reminded him of Pete's. The more she grins the smaller her eyes get. She's the life on the stage. Everyone is trying to level her energy. And Vegas was quite entertained by her dancing. Though it was not as graceful as her teachers might have wanted. She still earned everyone's applause after the performance.

Announcements and acknowledgements are made. Vegas was called forth to the stage to say a small speech. He prepared that last night with Thankun's help. The older was very strict about only saying what was written on the paper. Though when Vegas reads it, there was no significance to it except for: "I hope this school will provide the protection and love you've always sought for." Which was so out of place that even the audience got confused. After his speech, the people are led to the new school building and Vegas did the honours of cutting the ribbon.

Children flood the school grounds and the teachers come into the building. Vegas stay by the entrance to watch the children play on the playground. He was hoping to see the little girl from earlier.

"Khun'Vegas, would you like to join us for lunch?" One teacher offered.

"Oh, I would love to. But I gotta go back to Bangkok. There's something I need to tend to." Vegas replied, displaying a guilty smile.

"That's alright, Khun'Vegas. Again, thank you so much for coming all the way here. Even in this weather."

"The pleasure is mine, Teacher. Khun'Noo also sends his regards to the prosperity of the school."

"Thank you so much, Khun'Vegas. If you need anything you can always rely on us teachers here. Okay?"

"In that case, can I meet the girl that performed earlier? She reminded me of someone I know. And her performance was really fun to watch."

"Oh, do you mean Sicily? She's quite the talent, isn't she?" The teacher looks at the playground. It took her a moment but she finally found the child. "Sicily! Sicily! Come here, dear. Khun'Vegas wants to meet you."

The girl was atop a slide. She gets down and prances toward her teacher. There was something on her walk that looked familiar. Though Vegas couldn't put his finger on it.