"Draco, we did it," she said, gently jostling his face with her arm.

Eyes still closed, he broke into a slow, sleepy smile, lips smirking against her tawny arm. "Indeed we did."

"That is not what I mean," she said, jostling him again. "The wand. Look. I used it to warm us up."

He opened his eyes to look, but not at the wand. Raising his head slightly, he took in the sight of her beside him in the dim light of the dawn. "Is that what you used to warm us up?"

"Yes. The wand," she repeated, laughing. "The Black Sororal Triad wand that is going to help me protect Harry so he can end the war and keep you safe. We were right about the tapestry. And now that I'm on it, the wand works just like we hoped it would."

"Excellent, darling. Truly excellent," Draco said, pleased but hopelessly distracted, shifting ease himself on top of her.

"It is, actually," she said, losing her breath as he began to kiss her throat. "This wand is what brought us here in the first place, remember?"

He laughed, his voice rumbling against her. "No, that is not how I remember it," he said, his fingers plucking the wand out of her hand and tucking it beneath her warm but abandoned pillow. "It was you that brought us here so you could have your way with me. You've succeeded beautifully, and now you've got to live with the consequences."

She laughed again and pushed at his chest. He moved where she directed him, falling onto his back as she followed. "And what consequences are those?" she asked, cat-like herself now, on her hands and knees as she hovered over him.

Eyes wide, he looked up at her and tried to shrug as if he wasn't already overwhelmed by her advance. He cleared his throat. "Well, to begin with, spending time together like this, for every morning I can be with you, for the rest of our lives."

Her teasing tone and posture slackened. The rest of their lives – the plan to infiltrate Gringotts with Harry, Ron, and Griphook was almost complete. With a risk like that before her, the rest of her life might only be another week.

She paused, watching Draco watching her in the golden early morning light filtering through the tattered bed curtains. The morning was silent except for the draught from the window, and the almost inaudible sound of Draco's quickened breath, anticipating having her again. The moment was perfect. She closed her eyes, like the shutter of a camera, willing herself to remember forever the way he was looking at her right now.

"I do love you, Draco Malfoy," she said. "Tell me you know that."

"I do," he said, his hand on her cheek, brushing over her face to tuck her hair behind her ear. "But I'd like it if you could show me, one more time before we leave this house..."

She was smiling again as she sank toward him. "Oh, definitely."

—-----------------------------

Draco's stomach was growling as he slipped his jacket over his wife's arms in the derelict bedroom.

"Listen to that. We've got to get you back to Andromeda's before you waste away," she said, reaching for her bag. "I thought I had some saltines in here somewhere..."

Draco sighed and held her from behind as she continued to fuss with the contents of her bag. "I'm alright. I HAVE missed meals before, you know," he said.

"Well, you haven't missed one since I took responsibility for you," she said.

He plunged his face into her hair. "Why would I want to go to Andromeda's when you won't come there with me?" he said, swaying them both.