Chapter One

"Of course you both know each other already." The room filled with elegant laughters. He look dominating, anger is visible in his eyes as he look at me straight to the eyes. I cleared my throat and look around. Ang bakanteng upuan ay ang nasa tabi n'ya lamang kaya wala akong choice kundi ang ma-upo doon. "Uhm, I'm really sorry I am late. Uh, I just needed to finish something in the company." I said genuinely as I try my very best not to look at him. I can feel his stare on me.

"Nah, it's okay my dear. You're not late naman," but for him I am late and it's not okay. "Ah huh, she should admit her mistake Zara no need to cover it up." I glanced at him for a brief moment and saw Tita Dinsylvia held his hand making him stop from what he is about to say. I sighed and look down. "You took over that Santiago's case, why?" I almost jump when I heard the stern voice of him beside me.

So hesitant to look at him but I did anyways. "Uh, I believe Mr. Santiago won't do something like what he is–" Tito cut me off. "Because you knew their family and son?" Sobrang kahihiyan man ang binibigay sa akin ngayon ng mga tao dito ay pinanatili ko walang emosyon na mukha. "Yes, Tito. Infact I believe someone is behind all of this stuff and crime. This is a set up." I smile confidently and he gave me a mocking look that I ignore.

"Anyways, we're here to talk about your marriage. Not the problems, business and any other stuff outside." I wasn't surprised to hear that, I was already informed about it. I remain silent. "You both are old enough you know, even when Grace was still alive napag ka sunduan na talaga namin to. You and my eldest son." Tita Zara cheerfully said those words and I saw how Tito shifted his weight. Nag tama ang mga mata namin ng tumingin s'ya sa banda ko. His usal cold and stern eyes. I sigh.

"Let's just get straight to the point, Mom. I have so much to do."

"Vraxton." Tito Dyson's commanding voice stopped him. Hmm, takot pala to sa tatay? We're so different. Vraxton groaned and rest his back on the chair. "So, we're also getting old!–"

"Mom, you're just 46." Vraxton rolled his eyes and cross his arms. Tita gave him a look and he just sigh. "Uhm, can we just go straight to the point Tita?" Vraxton flinched for the reason I don't know. "We will be announcing your marriage as soon as possible, we want everyone to know that The Heir's of the Valdivia's is getting married to The CEO and owner of the now most talk of the town law firm and goddaughter of the Davidsons." Masaya at mahabang lintanya nito. Everyone is clasping their hands and wearing the same big smiles on their faces while I and Vraxton remain silent.

In the middle of the event happening with just the two family, my phone suddenly rang. "Baby, huh? Nice." I ignore Vraxton and took my phone on the table and excused my self to get the phone call.

I hurriedly went the comfort room and entered one of the cubicles there. I answered the call and heard my baby sobbing.

"Mommy..."