Why do they do this?

"You can't leave...ever." Stated the shadowed figure as it entered the room. I was sitting in an uncomfortable chair, but I was with other children — unlike last time. All the little ones looked terrified, while the older ones tried to look tough. I could see their fear, they acted as if every breath they took would be their last. They didn't need to be afraid of him though, where we are going is much worse. I would know... I was the last survivor of the last two 'games'. I was the only one in over ten years who had survived. We would all have to kill each other or be killed by the 'Overseers.' They would do everything in their power to try to kill everyone, but they couldn't kill me. They tried — failing every time — to kill me over five times for each 'game'. I was special, they couldn't kill me... yet.

I was then called to the front of the room to introduce myself. "Hello, my name is Zaynya. Spelt Z-A-Y-N-Y-A, and it means eternally. I will be your teacher for the next few weeks before the 'games' begin. After that I will be your enemy...." I finished trailing of, not wanting to scare them yet. "Zaynya is special, she is the only survivor from the last two 'games'. The meaning of her name is quite true, she is alive eternally, until someone else's power destroys her." Power... why does he have to use that word. That's something else I have to explain... the 'games' wouldn't be very fun if there wasn't magic involved. Every child is born as a mortal, witches infuse a special magic into the child and blah blah blah.... I was given two powers, — electricity and immortality — but my second power doesn't work like you think it does. I am immortal to an extent, things thrown at me during the game won't kill me. Someone's power can kill me, if it's strong enough.

That's the thing though, none of these kids have a power that works. None of them can kill me... I have to live in this horrible world until I'm killed by one of these kids.