Chapter 1

~Luke's P.O.V.~
"Please Sidnie! You promised you wouldn't leave me until you take your last breath and your heart stops beating. And this isn't the right time! You promised! You can't! You can't leave! Not now! I need you Sid! You're my world. My life. I've never loved someone the way I love you. I want to live and grow old with you in my arms. You're my best friend. I couldn't ever even think about replacing you! Please, w-wake up....."
I need her to wake up. She's my world and I simply just can't so any of this without her. I held her hand as she lies in that bed. The bed that I've seen too many times and I hate the sight of it. The hospital bed. I began to cry into the sheets of the bed. Eventually crying myself to sleep. I woke up to a loud beeping sound. It was Sidnie's monitors! A doctor rushed in with two nurses. I was worried.
"Is she okay? What's happening?" I asked panicking.
"You need to leave! Please go to the waiting room." The nurse with blonde hair demanded. She rushed me out of the room.
I went outside. My phone started ringing. It was Kiara, one of Sidnie's friends. I answered.
"Is it true? Is she really still in the hospital?!"
I replied, "Yeah, something's happening! The monitors kept beeping really fast and loud! The nurses made me leave the room. I'm scared Kiara, I really am. I can't lose her. She means way too much to me."
"Oh my god Luke! What happened?"
"We were in the car. I was driving her to the air port. We were driving past a green light and a truck smashed into us. I wasn't hurt as bad. Sid? There was blood everywhere and she looked bad. The doctor said I've only been here for two days and they said Sidnie was still asleep. Now I'm scared she's not gonna wake up!"
"I'm on my way and I'm bringing Calum."
"Okay....Hurry...."
"Alright, see you soon. Bye."
"Bye..."

**Flashback**
"OMG LUKE IT'S OUR SONG!" Sidnie yelled into my ear.
"Yeah..." I replied not looking at her. Only keeping my eyes on the road.
"What's wrong?" she asked, turning down the radio a bit.
"Nothing. I'm fine."
She punched me in the arm, "I'm serious! Tell me right now Lucas Robert Hemmings!"
"You really wanna know what's wrong? You're leaving me! My best friend is leaving me and going to New York. She's leaving me here all the way in Sidney, Australia and she's leaving me for three freaking years! Do you have any idea how bad that hurts Sid?"
"Luke, I have to. This is my only chance to actually make something out of myself. And plus, what are you so afraid of? It's only three years. I'll be back. I promise. It hurts me too, but we'll keep in contact. Just try to be happy for me."
"I am happy for you! I'm just scared that you'll forget me. You'll replace me. Remember when we made all those promises? That you'd be my first kiss and I'd be yours? Well what happens when you have your first kiss with some hot college dude? I'm scared you're going to forget about everything we had growing up. We've been best friends ever since we first met in that park. Remember that Sid? I'm just afraid that you'll forget about all that and it scares the hell out of me Sindie..." I said tearing up.
"I could never forget about my best friend since August 3rd, 2002. I made promises and I plan on keeping them." she said, smiling. "And plus, how could I ever forget about the one best friend that insisted on taking me to prom because I didn't have a date, even though he had to argue with my mom every day about it until you got what you wanted? Luke, we've made promises to each other and we plan on keeping them. Right?"
"Right..." I said.
"I love you, cunt."
"I love you too, bitch." I said smiling hard.
She turned the song back up. We both started singing as loud as we could. At the end of the song, she looked at me and smiled. I smiled back.
Then, BOOM. Everything went dark....
**Flashback ends**